Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

FMIC Question for Bob @ EPP

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 07:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FMIC Question for Bob @ EPP

Bob,

I just got the FMIC today. (I got the Vic Jr yesterday & it's already at the machine shop getting port matched) Anyway, the FMIC is a NICE piece, can't wait to get it on.....but.....see the pics.

The box looked perfect, but one of the inlets took a hit somewhere along the line. Knowing I'm going to push 15+ psi, I'm worried it might leak. And considering how much shipping would be, I was thinking I should just take it to the local GOOD radiator shop & have them hit it with an expander? Thoughts?

Oh, and I will also want one of the polished BMR radiator brackets & HVAC block-off plates so figure those in with the Kooks price please. Thanks!!!

Mark
Attached Thumbnails FMIC Question for Bob @ EPP-fmic-sm.jpg   FMIC Question for Bob @ EPP-fmic-sm-2.jpg   FMIC Question for Bob @ EPP-fmic-sm-3.jpg  
Old 11-27-2007, 07:49 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I straitened mine with a piece of pipe that was a little smaller than the opening and took a hammer and tapped the pipe inside of the intercooler opening. I was real careful and after about 6 hits it looked perfect again and left no marks. Mine was shipped and came the same way etc... The muffler shop crossed my mind , but I was worried about them splitting it by accident. Good luck.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:19 PM
FormerVendor

Times like this make me want to smack UPS, haha.

Im glad everything got there in once peice minus the dent. It would be worth getting it dinged out on there, i do not think its terribly fragile.

You can also borrow a tail pipe expander from a autozone to fix it

If all else fails, i would trade you straight up for a new one.

Bob is out on vacation right now, i can take care of the BMR and Kooks stuff for ya, just give me a ring and we can go over everything
Old 11-27-2007, 08:41 PM
Banned

i also ordered one of those kits with a f1r to boot! o yeah and a aluminum rad!
Old 11-27-2007, 08:53 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jake, we have the BMR RS001's in stock for Mark. Bob
Old 11-27-2007, 08:56 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by platinum1
i also ordered one of those kits with a f1r to boot! o yeah and a aluminum rad!
Yours should be ready tomorrow, that polished F1R is looking mighty fine!
Old 11-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jake@EPP
Yours should be ready tomorrow, that polished F1R is looking mighty fine!

thats awesome i cant wait.i just added a ron davis rad to my order.its like christmas.LOL
Old 11-27-2007, 09:29 PM
9 Second Club

Received 266 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Bob,

I just got the FMIC today. (I got the Vic Jr yesterday & it's already at the machine shop getting port matched) Anyway, the FMIC is a NICE piece, can't wait to get it on.....but.....see the pics.

The box looked perfect, but one of the inlets took a hit somewhere along the line. Knowing I'm going to push 15+ psi, I'm worried it might leak. And considering how much shipping would be, I was thinking I should just take it to the local GOOD radiator shop & have them hit it with an expander? Thoughts?

Oh, and I will also want one of the polished BMR radiator brackets & HVAC block-off plates so figure those in with the Kooks price please. Thanks!!!

Mark
Curious from your pics.....are those polished aluminum pipes are have they just been coated. They look different than the ones that came in my EPP FMIC kit? Why are they welded in different spots?
Old 11-27-2007, 09:58 PM
10 Second Club

Yes, I ordered the polsihed alum pipes for shows....

I'll call you tomorrow Jake, thanks bud! Pssst, and be thinking what kind of deal you guys would cut me on an F1C head unit & bracket. (& mondo valve) Shhhhhh
Old 11-27-2007, 11:15 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

If all else fails, i would trade you straight up for a new one.

Bob is out on vacation right now, i can take care of the BMR and Kooks stuff for ya, just give me a ring and we can go over everything

EPP providing the best customer service in the business.

It also seems Bob has internet on his PDA if he is on ls1tech on vacation.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:41 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
EPP providing the best customer service in the business.

It also seems Bob has internet on his PDA if he is on ls1tech on vacation.
Thanks, we appreciate it!

There is simply no way I could take a vacation without having internet access, even if it is dial up, which I'm forced to use! lol Bob
Old 11-28-2007, 08:24 AM
FormerVendor

Bob is hanging out @ McDonalds for the free wireless LOL!
Old 11-28-2007, 11:01 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Originally Posted by Brent@EPP
Bob is hanging out @ McDonalds for the free wireless LOL!

Or maybe Starbucks???????
Old 11-29-2007, 06:18 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

It's easier just to use dial up back at the room. I always have plenty of time in the mornings to get on here. Bob
Old 11-29-2007, 07:44 AM
Banned

hey Bob. I got a hold of jake yesterday and ordered the rest of the stuff I needed!
Old 11-29-2007, 09:29 AM
10 Second Club

hey Bob. I got a hold of jake yesterday and ordered the rest of the stuff I needed!
I tried to....but some slacker took the week off again so poor Jake is running his **** off & he didn't even have time to take my CC # yesterday.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:32 PM
FormerVendor

I tried to....but some slacker took the week off again so poor Jake is running his **** off & he didn't even have time to take my CC # yesterday.
LOL, I sent you a pm this morning with pricing info, gimme a ring in the morning and i should be able to get it taken care of.

Platinum1 - Your kit is all packed and ready to ship, it should go out tommrow morning. Im waiting on the RD Radiator and the BMR plate, but thats a separate package. Happy boosting, and enjoy that nice shiny F1R!!
Old 11-29-2007, 08:53 PM
Banned

LOL, I sent you a pm this morning with pricing info, gimme a ring in the morning and i should be able to get it taken care of.

Platinum1 - Your kit is all packed and ready to ship, it should go out tommrow morning. Im waiting on the RD Radiator and the BMR plate, but thats a separate package. Happy boosting, and enjoy that nice shiny F1R!!

Thanks a bunch Jake. That is awesome news!
Old 11-30-2007, 05:21 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Smile

Trust me, I'll pay for it when I get back. lol... Luckily I have a great crew of people back at the shop.
I get over a thousand e-mails a day, so I'll bet I'll have to download over 10,000 e-mails. Much of it will thankfully go to spam, then I'll have to weed through the rest. The quotes take up most of my time when I'm not on the phones, and I know I just got a huge quote from one of my good customer's over in Kuwait.
My wife gets tired of not seeing me get home every night until usually around 8:00, and a lot of my weekends are spent either at the shop or on the computer. We scheduled this trip long before we had any plans to go to Sema. My wife enjoys booking us into expensive places at dirt cheap prices, so I can't complain. Yesterday we came back from the Key's to Southbeach in Miami, and we're in a Condo on the beach, with a separate bedroom, full kitchen, two baths, two TV's etc, for $100.00 a night! Bob
Old 11-30-2007, 05:23 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

That's awesome, thanks! Bob

Quick Reply: FMIC Question for Bob @ EPP