Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Single Turbo C6 Vette

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Single Turbo C6 Vette

I'm new to this. Does anyone know if I could do a single turbo on a C6? Who makes a kit? I don't know where else to get info on this. Thanks.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Why not go with a twin turbo setup. I recommend APS but a lot of people also turn to STS for this also
Old 12-13-2007, 11:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

single turbo would be tight due to space available. twin turbo kits are everywhere because they are easier to package and route on the vette, but do cost more due to "double" the parts. I would say to definitely go for a front mounted twin turbo kit and you'll be set. If you are really set on single turbo, im sure it can be done if you have some fabrication skills. Im also warning where ever you put that turbo and all its pipes, you're prolly going to have to relocate and or chop some stuff up with a sawZall-which prolly isnt the greatest of ideas on a brand new vette. Just throwing some ideas out there, good luck on the car
Old 12-14-2007, 01:02 AM
Launching!

i think you could maybe fit a 76 t4 frame wher the battery is and maybe coax a 3.5 in down pipe in ther or change the radiator and lay it down then go from ther

just thinking may or may not work
Old 12-14-2007, 07:29 AM
11 Second Club

You could do a rear mounted single turbo...we built a Z06 with a 40-88...made 640rwhp on 9psi stock motor, tons of fun to drive on the street!

Or you could do an APS kit - we spent last night at dinner with David from APS and I can't even begin to tell you how complete of a kit they are. Either way (rear or APS) will be awesome for you.

Where are you located?
Old 12-14-2007, 08:08 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Honestly I cannot believe that APS can build such a nice complete system for the price. Its amazing!
Old 12-14-2007, 08:25 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by hellbents10
Honestly I cannot believe that APS can build such a nice complete system for the price. Its amazing!
Yeah, we spent last night at dinner with David from APS...the only thing nicer then the kit are the people! Great company and the completeness of the kit is second to none.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:36 AM
9 Second Club

Or you could do a twin turbo kit like this!
It's in a C6 Z06.
Attached Thumbnails Single Turbo C6 Vette-shop-cars001.jpg   Single Turbo C6 Vette-shop-cars007.jpg  
Old 12-14-2007, 02:04 PM
TECH Addict

There is a local C6 owner with a STS twin kit on his car and with a little bit of tuning and it was in the high 11's bottom 12's on street tires last year, stock everything else and he only made it to the track once or twice before the season was over, had more in it, he seemes pretty happy with it. I think it made like 475 to the wheels or something like that. No meth or anything. Pretty much baseline on everything with some tweaking.

I am a front mount guy though.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:08 PM
Banned

Thanks, I'll take a look at APS.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Also look at TTiX twin turbo kit for the C6..They have been making the C5 kit for a long time. They are great and made in the US, huge front intercooler, 800RWHP easy on a forged motor. No oil scavenge pump either, don't have to worry about it failing and leaving you stranded somewhere.....I think they are running a Christmas sale right now. I plan on buying the C5 TTiX kit next christmas..

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...highlight=TTiX
Old 12-15-2007, 11:22 AM
TECH Veteran

I was having FFHP do mine lol. (I will get banned just for saying that name hahahahah) DO a search and see how well that turned out.

Anyway, there is not much room for it as said. Of course if you want it and have the money someone will do it. I know plenty of shops that will custom mount it. You will get what you pay for. I ended up putting a Maggie on my VY C6 with Kooks Headers. Nothing more. Sold it a year ago. Worst mistake I ever made (selling it, loved the maggie is why i got one on the FBody). I like the APS kit's numbers I just do not like how it runs its tubing, or I would have gone that route. If you want turbo APS or TTiX. More towards the TTiX then anything. Gonna be cheaper in the long run for a twin then a single. Most singles have to relocate stuff if not delete it. Twins if you want turbo.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what are your goals?? single kits have been done but they are all custom at the mo. have a look on here and you will see a C5 with a custom S91. there was a company doing a front mount kit all the way upto a t88, but they went out of business. they mounted the turbo right in front of the engine. not sure how much had to be moved but it worked well.

alternatively there is rear mount, but again a single would have to be custom.

thanks Chris.,

Quick Reply: Single Turbo C6 Vette