Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Wiseco pistons/deck height

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 07:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

Default Wiseco pistons/deck height

i have been looking for forged pistons for my lq4, with stock stroke (sure doesnt seem to be much info on that) anyway, i looked at Wiseco's site, finally a site with decent info-it says the ls1 has a deck height of 9.240, and a 6.0 truck block has 9.230, and to choose rod accordingly-i wanted a comp. in the 9.0-9.5 range (disc procharger, 8 rib, intercooled) the piston i was looking at was k444f05, which with a 317 head would give me 9.2, aprx.
i didnt realize there were 2 diff deck heights, but not sure if they are basing there comp on zero deck height, which with a 6.125 rod and a 9.236 would give me zero deck-with a stock rod, it looks like the piston would be down in the hole-has anyone used this piston?
i have slooooow dial up, so trying to find ls parts is a real chore, compared to s/b, b/b (prob why people keep asking limits of stock parts, tired of looking)
plenty of ls1, or stroker parts, but i really wanted lq4 replacement forged pistons-you go to some sites, if your lucky enough to find specs, they only list 64cc head info(comp)
Old 12-24-2007, 12:23 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe they make the piston for both deck heights.....yeilding similar comresion. I ordered a set of these from William at FI concepts. Should be here mid January!!!!

Quick Reply: Wiseco pistons/deck height