Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Question about truck manifolds.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 09:07 PM
9 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Question about truck manifolds.

Im working on a car that has the stock K-Member, and power steering. I was wondering how to re route the power steering lines, and also exactly how much needs to get notched. For the power steering I was thinking of cutting the tubing and running new rubber hoses with hose clamps, but Im not sure that it will hold the pressure. On the Passenger side, I know where to notch (where the stud in the manifold is hitting?) but how much. I also noticed that there is a brake line right there, but Ive never seen anyone mention anything about it so I assume its ok? Pics would be a HUGE help, but anything is very apprciated.

Thanks,
Sean

P.S. While Im asking questins, is it possible (if so whats the best way) to run a 4" downpipe with the stock K-Member?
Old 01-06-2008, 04:12 PM
9 Second Club

Bump?

Sean
Old 01-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should be able to bend the stock power steering lines
As far as the k member goes ditch that stocker and get the new BMR. Save weight and makes it way easier to get that 4" dp through their not to mention easier to work on the car.

Old 01-06-2008, 07:33 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by B18CYA
You should be able to bend the stock power steering lines
As far as the k member goes ditch that stocker and get the new BMR. Save weight and makes it way easier to get that 4" dp through their not to mention easier to work on the car.

Well me and the person who owns the car agree, but its not in the budget quite yet. Plan is to leave the stocker in for now, and change out in the summer or next winter when the new motor goes in.

Sean
Old 01-06-2008, 08:23 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would buy the bmr kmember tomorrow if it wasn't such a pain in the *** to put in. @ this point id rather not spend on things i dont need to, such as a kmember until i get the car running. I believe i got everyting i need for the turbo setup, but we all know how cars go, you can never plan for everything. Plus once the car gets running a 9inch would be more beneficial then a kmember.

The car will get a kmember, but i will do it @ the same point as the motor.

Chris
Old 01-06-2008, 08:33 PM
9 Second Club

Has anyone had any issues with the brake line right by where they need to notch. I didn't notch the kmember yet, we will this friday, but it looks like we will have to notch real close to that brake line, and we have never heard any one mention it before. If you guys think it will be fine, thats great. if it needs to be moved a little, whats the best way of doing it?

As far as the ps lines, we will try to bend them. If it doesn't work out, ill order the stuff to make new ones as stated in the faq.

I will try to squeeze the 4 inch dp where everyone runs the 3. If it doesn't fit i might just bump down the size of the dp from 4 to 3, and i can always remake the dp in the future.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:06 PM
9 Second Club

Yeah, what he said

Sean
Old 01-06-2008, 09:44 PM
9 Second Club

There is a "sticky" in this section abot truck manifold turbo setups. It has the answer's to all your question's and more.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:48 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by HUNTER02SS
There is a "sticky" in this section abot truck manifold turbo setups. It has the answer's to all your question's and more.
Oh, but it dosent. If you would have read either of our post, they say that we know what we need to do but want to see it done. Nobody has ever said anything about the brake line on the passenger side. I wanted to see HOW the power steering lines have been bent around, I already knew they were in the way.

Sean
Old 01-06-2008, 09:56 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by HUNTER02SS

I have definatly read all the faq's on this site, and searched, looked at tons of pictures, and read just about every new thread in forced induction even if i dont post. I wouldn't have posted if the answer was that simple.

Thanks, Chris
Old 01-06-2008, 11:32 PM
9 Second Club

I am not trying to be a azz here,just trying to help. You are asking for something that will differ in each car. They are not all the same,they vary by a little. When you put the manifold's on you will find out how much of the k-member to cut out.It's a trial an error. I did the same thing on my kit.
Can't help you on the ps pump. I just removed it.
EDIT: In the sticky it say's you can just carefully bend the ps line's out of the way. Hope this help's
Old 01-06-2008, 11:53 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I originally did my kit about 3 years ago I notched the stock K member and it worked fine.The BMR does clear much better though.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:18 AM
9 Second Club

Well were not as concerned with the PS lines, plan is to try to bend them out of the way and if that fails well just make new ones using the parts list in the FAQ. MY main concern is that brake line on the passenger side. It LOOKS ok, but its just a lil close for comfort. Maybe pics will help out so you guys can see what were taking about. The thing with it is, seems like it would be there on all the cars but neiher of us has ever seen anybody mention it. That leads us to beleive that its close, but safe. We just want to be safe.

Thanks,
Sean
Old 01-09-2008, 05:30 AM
9 Second Club

BUMP for some info.

Sean

Quick Reply: Question about truck manifolds.