Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Electronic Boost Controller.. New method for setup?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electronic Boost Controller.. New method for setup?

I've been reading up on electronic boost controllers and I recently came across one that allows you to map boost against engine load. With this system, injector duty cycle is monitored as the input and it provides the boost that you’ve chosen to matched the corresponding load. In the linked article the author claims that throttle control is now obtainable.

I know with my current setup of 564rwhp and 7lbs of boost I'll be able to eliminate my traction issues with some sticky tires but if I ever decide to forge and up boost, driveability might be an issue..

Anyone ever experiment with a controller like this? I see that a lot of guys like the eboost and exile controllers but it doesn't seem like they're capable of offering better control over boost in applications other than WOT..

Any ideas how mapping boost against engine load will effect the easability of tuning the car? Will this be easier to tune vs. a typical EBC or is full boost at 1/2 throttle not an issue with a/f?

I really haven't read a lot about the below style controller so it would be interested to hear what some guys think about it..

Article - Part I

Article - Part II
Old 01-03-2008, 09:05 PM
AVB
Launching!

There's a big demand for this on the corvette site
Old 01-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AVB
There's a big demand for this on the corvette site
Posted.. Im pretty interested to hear what people have to say about something like this.. Is it possible to use this on our cars? Does it make sense? Easy/hard to setup the tune? Determining/programming boost doesn't seem like such a big deal since it looks like all you're doing is loading up the engine and assigning a boost level..

It almost seems simple, but I've always been one to question..
Old 01-03-2008, 09:39 PM
AVB
Launching!

Seriously, I think if it works as advertised it'll be great and is something I will most likely build/try.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Teching In

Just read the following.. Does anyone know if the injectors work "in banks"?

Originally Posted by jaycar
Another thing, this kit gets its reference from an injector to determine the load sites. Check your injectors dont work in banks (ie if its a 6 cyl, it may pulse banks of 3 until a certain threshold then banks of 6), because if they do this kit wont work on your car.

Quick Reply: Electronic Boost Controller.. New method for setup?