Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Anyone run a positive displacement blower on an F body? (Kenne bell/magnacharger etc)

Old 01-12-2008, 06:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Anyone run a positive displacement blower on an F body? (Kenne bell/magnacharger etc)

I have never seen one until today on youtube when i saw a magnacharger on an SS camaro... is there a reason why they are not run on F body's? I just came over from a Mustang and the Kenne Bell was "the thing to have" on a stang ... I am really going over my options on what kind of FI i want to persue, i was thinking D1 procharger or a single turbo setup, but having driven Mustangs and 03-04 Cobras with twin screw/roots blowers, i know its a blast! plus it would be different to hear the whine of a KB or magnacharger comming from an F body rather than a cobra!
Old 01-12-2008, 06:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alot of work has to be done since the motor is half under the cowl of the car...there are a few kits coming out though and a few people have it done...

everyone has always talked about it and thought it would be awesome, but its just starting to gain popularity
Old 01-12-2008, 06:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
alot of work has to be done since the motor is half under the cowl of the car...there are a few kits coming out though and a few people have it done...

everyone has always talked about it and thought it would be awesome, but its just starting to gain popularity
ahh that makes sense, didnt think of that .... it would be badass though, like i said i have NEVER seen one in person, i saw a magnacharged vette before, but never an F body
Old 01-12-2008, 07:16 AM
TECH Junkie

but, like i said, it can be done...and people are doing it now. So, if you want to do it, go ahead and do it!
Old 01-12-2008, 07:22 AM
12 Second Club

go to kenne bell's website, they have kits for the ls1
Old 01-12-2008, 07:48 AM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do a search on here. There is already info on it in this section.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:54 PM
TECH Veteran

It was probably my vid you saw on youtube with the maggie. Its almost back together again as well since my oil pump went out back in Oct. She is running but not ready for much more then moderate driving till i get it retuned. The maggie is the only one that will fit only because someone took the time to make a kit work. The KB does fit the LS1 but not if that LS1 is in an F Body. They have KB's that fit LS1's, and can been seen in C5 Corvettes, trucks, hell you can get turnkey crate motor with a KB on it with a LS6 motor. Most of them are used for hot rods and hybrid vehicles. I have yet to see, hear or know of a KB on a 4th Gen F Body. Will it fit? How much money you got. Its been beat to death about whether one will fit or not. But no one wants to blow thier money to try, everyone wants someone else to build it then sell them stupid cheap. And until I see it, hear about it, see vids, pics and/or anything else, to me it does not fit period. There is alot of theory but no fact on the KB fitting.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BadMonkey
It was probably my vid you saw on youtube with the maggie. Its almost back together again as well since my oil pump went out back in Oct. She is running but not ready for much more then moderate driving till i get it retuned. The maggie is the only one that will fit only because someone took the time to make a kit work. The KB does fit the LS1 but not if that LS1 is in an F Body. They have KB's that fit LS1's, and can been seen in C5 Corvettes, trucks, hell you can get turnkey crate motor with a KB on it with a LS6 motor. Most of them are used for hot rods and hybrid vehicles. I have yet to see, hear or know of a KB on a 4th Gen F Body. Will it fit? How much money you got. Its been beat to death about whether one will fit or not. But no one wants to blow thier money to try, everyone wants someone else to build it then sell them stupid cheap. And until I see it, hear about it, see vids, pics and/or anything else, to me it does not fit period. There is alot of theory but no fact on the KB fitting.
you would think that Kenne Bell would try it ..... i mean if there was a dedicated KB F Body kit, i might be interested and im sure many others would be too
Old 01-13-2008, 12:32 PM
10 Second Club

boo, 454 all motor LSx !!!
Old 01-13-2008, 01:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedia-exchange/811072-magnacharged-ta-dyno.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone run a positive displacement blower on an F body? (Kenne bell/magnacharger etc)