Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Can any of you speed shops out there put a twin screw on a GTO?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 12:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can any of you speed shops out there put a twin screw on a GTO?

I know there are no GTO specific kits for whipple or KB. However, both KB and whipple make kits for the LS1 and LS2. From what i have heard, the twin screw wont fit an LS2 GTO (05-06) due to the firewall or something.

However, do any of you think it can be done without a load of work? Anyone done it?
Old 01-18-2008, 07:06 AM
11 Second Club

Anything is possible, but it wont be cheap!
Old 01-18-2008, 07:39 AM
FormerVendor

We can supercharge a lawn mower if you want us too, the question becomes are you willing to put in the time and expense to develop a setup?

We've gone down this road several times, and it's always time consuming and expensive.

Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss,
Ed
Old 01-18-2008, 12:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ed @ Late Model Speed
We can supercharge a lawn mower if you want us too, the question becomes are you willing to put in the time and expense to develop a setup?

We've gone down this road several times, and it's always time consuming and expensive.

Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss,
Ed

Thank you for the offer to discuss, ed. I tell you what, i wish your shop was down here in FLorida. You are always helpfull and willing to discuss things, even when it is with guys who arent very experienced with the Mod game, like me.
So, what makes it so damn hard to get a twin screw on a 2006 GTO?
The blower mounts up to a LS2, as there are LS2 kits. IS it just a matter of the blower being interefered with the back of the blower? Could not a square section be cut out to fit it, and then an steel bar (like a sway bar that is already in the engine compartment) fabbed, and weld one side of it to where the firewall was cut on one side, go over the blower, and then welded to the other side? I dont know if u have the mental image of what i am saying.
Is this not doable? What are the costs? are we talking a thousand bucks? or like 5k?
Old 01-18-2008, 01:13 PM
Restricted User

Why not just go with a Paxton or Procharger?
Old 01-18-2008, 02:07 PM
TECH Resident

because those arent twin screws. My car would be strictly street. And a T.S is more efficient then a roots.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:37 PM
Staging Lane

whats wrong with Magnuson??
Old 01-18-2008, 02:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Johny GTO
Thank you for the offer to discuss, ed. I tell you what, i wish your shop was down here in FLorida. You are always helpfull and willing to discuss things, even when it is with guys who arent very experienced with the Mod game, like me.
The blower mounts up to a LS2, as there are LS2 kits. IS it just a matter of the blower being interefered with the back of the blower? Could not a square section be cut out to fit it, and then an steel bar (like a sway bar that is already in the engine compartment) fabbed, and weld one side of it to where the firewall was cut on one side, go over the blower, and then welded to the other side? I dont know if u have the mental image of what i am saying.
Is this not doable? What are the costs? are we talking a thousand bucks? or like 5k?
There is a guy here in Miami that is prototyping a whipple 3.3 on his C5...RJW here on tech.
He has expressed interest in developing an F-body kit, hit him up, he may decide to take a whack at the Goat.
(The Whipple is not 'supposed' to fit the C5 or the F-body either).

Good luck.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:55 PM
On The Tree

I think Kenne Bell makes one.. Why not try that?
Old 01-18-2008, 04:03 PM
TECH Resident

From what people say, KB doesnt fit on the Goat.

I have told RJW he can use my goat for measuements and all, if he would like.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:46 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have done plenty....either a Maggie or our Prochargers, or the ECS Novi kit. Here's some pics of shop:

Give JP a call for a quote if you like: 813-628-0080
Old 01-18-2008, 08:51 PM
TECH Resident

TLewis,

You have done TwinScrews on the 05-06 GTO??
Old 01-18-2008, 08:57 PM
Launching!

Only 1 I believe has been done. He's a member over here too.

http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134821
Old 01-18-2008, 09:32 PM
TECH Resident

I wonder where his kit is at the moment. I think i shall post.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:59 AM
FormerVendor

From what people say, KB doesnt fit on the Goat.

I have told RJW he can use my goat for measuements and all, if he would like.
Johhny,

I heard yesterday from RJW that he's having some personal issues, and selling off some of his toys. Maybe you two can help each other out? it would be worth calling him back and talking to him. You also can't go wrong with Tracey and the guys at Rev Extreme.

Good luck!

Ed
Old 01-19-2008, 04:32 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There were some threads a while ago on here with some links to the GTO forums about this exact topic. I did a search, but can't find it. It can be done. The guy was running an A2A intercooler and a twin screw.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:39 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ed @ Late Model Speed
Johhny,

I heard yesterday from RJW that he's having some personal issues, and selling off some of his toys. Maybe you two can help each other out? it would be worth calling him back and talking to him. You also can't go wrong with Tracey and the guys at Rev Extreme.

Good luck!

Ed

Thanks man. I will hit him up on PM. If you speak with him, ask him to drop me a line.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:08 AM
TECH Resident

You might be better off looking at the Eaton MP122 which is already out in kit form I believe or will be shortly. Also the new TVS 2300R blower looks promising and is used by ford on the Super Snake and in their catalog as a GT500 supercharger upgrade. It is also the oem blower on the new CTS-V and ZR1 vette. I am exploring the same options on my F-body.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:12 PM
9 Second Club

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

You could try Australia.

The Starr/Whipple comes from there, so perhaps some tuners down under might be able to offer something.

The big question is....how much are you prepared to pay for it ? Anything is possible if you have enough money.

These guys do a lot of blowers.
http://www.marksworkshop.com.au/

What are the costs? are we talking a thousand bucks? or like 5k?
But if that statement refers to an entire kit, then I think you should stop dreaming, and opt for one of the blower kits that is readily available.

Why must it be a twin screw ?
Old 01-20-2008, 02:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
You could try Australia.

The Starr/Whipple comes from there, so perhaps some tuners down under might be able to offer something.

The big question is....how much are you prepared to pay for it ? Anything is possible if you have enough money.

These guys do a lot of blowers.
http://www.marksworkshop.com.au/

But if that statement refers to an entire kit, then I think you should stop dreaming, and opt for one of the blower kits that is readily available.

Why must it be a twin screw ?
I am not dreaming. No i did not mean for the blower or the whole kit. I meant how much would it add over and above the cost of the kit to fab it up to fit on the GTO. If the kit cost 6k for a KB twin-s, and installation usually costs 800-1k, how much on top of this would it cost to make it fit the GTO (rumor has it that the firewall behind it gets in the way).

I like the twin screw for the effeciency, fat torque curve, street car application. Boost ready to go from idle to redline, excellent efficiency, good value on the KB kits, etc. What is not to like?

Quick Reply: Can any of you speed shops out there put a twin screw on a GTO?