Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

S/C and H/C Combo Input

Old 01-19-2008, 08:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S/C and H/C Combo Input

Hey guys. I'm getting towards the end of my extreme sandbox vacation, and I'm considering what to strap on the T/A with all this loot. I've been all over with this and after lots of reading and time to think I've decided to opt for a setup with good low end power as I don't usually get to 140 on a weekly basis.

Originally I wasn't leaning to FI due to cost. But it is proven and reliable, and I don't have to fill it like a bottle (always ready to play) If I take my car to the track it's a rare occasion. Most of my reckless encounters are on the street. Drivability is not a huge issue, as this is going to be my weekend/beach/panty dropper car.

Sooo I'm split between the LMSpeed Magnuson 112 S/C, and the ATI Procharger D1SC from EPP. Quick response and damn good looks with some heat issues and limited high rpm performance, vs a more efficient system with proven reliability but lacking in low end oomph (technical term). I'm currently leaning towards the Maggie, but I hear so many good things about the Procharger.

So my question is, which one of these blowers would benefit more with aftermarket H/C, LTs and exhaust? I'm not well versed enough in engine tech to determine this. The LMSpeed version seems to work great on a stock engine. Should I just throw some headers and a cam on to let it breathe? I want to stay within 10K on parts ideally. The blower kit will eat up 6.5 to 7 of this alone. Leaning towards a set of pacsetter LTs, spec 3+ clutch, dart 225cc heads, bmr suspension package, and a still to be determined cam. I don't want to run insane amounts of boost. I don't care about breaking land speed records. I just want to have a car with some go when i want it. Please let me know if I'm going to blow over this 500 HP goal. Thanks for reading my novel lol!

Last edited by 01LS1Trooper; 01-19-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:33 PM
Staging Lane

Bump!
Old 01-19-2008, 02:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go with a d1sc from bob at epp.They have really good customer service and lots of cars on their website to show you the route to go.

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com/hotCars.php?car=62
Old 01-19-2008, 03:37 PM
FormerVendor

We offer a complete D1SC kit from every last nut and bolt to install it onto your ride. We offer a FMIC if you plan to go big down the road. Mild to wild, this kit covers just about 99% of the ATI installs.

Please check our site out regarding build up's and power gains.

A d1sc will usually make 525 or so rwhp on a factory motor, pulley it down and your looking at 700!

Search this Thread