Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

newbie needing help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 11:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking newbie needing help!

hey everyone! im extremely new to this!. i spent 6 years and about 15,000.00 to build my drag car only to have it get stolen. well im wanting to build another car and after al my research, i do not want to build another old school sbc. the whole FI thing scares me but im willing to learn. im going to be selling all of my sbc stuff that i have. im wanting to build a turbo ls motor but have alot of questions. lol you guys really seem to know your stuff. im going to put together a lq9 shortblock. with new rods and pistons. i have read that the cranks will handle 1,200 hp. l92 truck heads, l76 intake, and a comp cam. i want to turbo it. it will be going into a grand national so i dont see room being a problem at all. i want to be able to drive it on the street on all the nice days so i would like it to be tame when not in it. for what i have been told, you dont have to wind a turbo motor real high. i would like to keep the rpm range to a limit of around 6,800. from what i have seen, a single turbo is better than a twin turbo. is this true? if you have twin turbos that a good for 500 hp each. does that mean together they are good for 1,000hp? does the 1,000hp mean thats all you will get out of the motor no mater what it started out with before the tt? or is that hoow much hp it will add? i want to be able to drag race the car is what im wanting to do with it. i would like to get 800 rwhp out of it. what would be a good combination? i know i have said alot lol but if i have said something that is not correct, please set me straight. any help would be appreciated. im going into this kinda blind but i need to get my life back and do what i love. thanks guys!!
Old 02-04-2008, 04:21 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome aboard!

Check out our build on my iron block 408 http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=12

Callies Compstar rods and Diamond pistons, our blower camshaft and AFR heads. Nothing exotic here, just good parts. I'd check with Ohio Forced Inductions for your questions on turbo systems. They are a sponsor on here. Bob
Old 02-04-2008, 12:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Talking

thank you! i will have to speak with him too then. i have spent the last 2 weeks on this website learning everything i could and it has been a tramendous help. can i send them a pm or do i have to wait for them to reply to my thread? thanks!
Old 02-04-2008, 12:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

u can pm them(JOEL) i believe his member name is tt427, just do a search for that name