Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS oil pump?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default STS oil pump?

I think my oil pump is going bad so I am looking for a replacement. Has anyone tried this one?

http://www.enginegearonline.com/gepu12or24vo.html
Old 02-06-2008, 09:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've used the exact pump for over two years and have had no problems at all. I think there is a cheaper one with the same part number but I don't think it has the brass drive gears. I use the pump to pressurize oil to the turbo in a self contained oiling system. It sees from 15-50 psi all the time speed is controlled with a PWM speed controller. I did take the pump apart once to inspect it and after a little brake spray and a little new grease its like new. Brushes still looked new too!
Old 02-07-2008, 10:45 AM
Launching!

ooo thats the exact same pump im using for me sts setup too. its the same that comes with the sts kit, etc..
Old 02-07-2008, 04:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been using the Mocal pump from Racerpartswholesale for a year now with no problems...and it's about $100 cheaper.

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/p...al_Cooler_Pump
Old 02-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Teching In

How do you guys have all of this wired up? Using the harness that came iwth the sts system? I am about to buy my friends used setup for my GTO but he does not have the wiring harness!
Old 03-30-2008, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002ws-6
I've used the exact pump for over two years and have had no problems at all. I think there is a cheaper one with the same part number but I don't think it has the brass drive gears. I use the pump to pressurize oil to the turbo in a self contained oiling system. It sees from 15-50 psi all the time speed is controlled with a PWM speed controller. I did take the pump apart once to inspect it and after a little brake spray and a little new grease its like new. Brushes still looked new too!

what's involved in a self contained oiling system (parts, location) ?

is it safer/ more reliable then oil fed from the oil pan?

what might it cost to change from oil pan fed to self contained?
Old 03-31-2008, 08:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hawk584
what's involved in a self contained oiling system (parts, location) ?

is it safer/ more reliable then oil fed from the oil pan?

what might it cost to change from oil pan fed to self contained?
2 pumps 1 feed and 1 return a resorvior to hold the oil pretty simple and of course lines if you search you can find a drawing up on it.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2002ws-6

Do you have pics of your self-contained setup? I've been looking at different options to re-route my return and this would be of great interest to me