Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Cast turbo manifolds?

Old 02-07-2008, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cast turbo manifolds?

hey I was wondering if anyone knows of a company that makes actual cast turbo manifolds as opposed to a welded weld el style like schwartz performance. Im putting this into a 64 chevelle and Im considering a truck manifold setup but would prefer a manifold. I did see a company in england that makes them at chevroletls1 but being in another country, Im not to keen on sending my money around the world and having to call in the middle of the night to speak with them. so if anyone has a lead on a company that makes these it would be really helpful, thanks

[IMG]getridofthepicwithnonsponsorlinktoosmokin[/img]

Last edited by frcefed98; 02-08-2008 at 10:33 PM. Reason: NON SPONSOR URL AND PIC W/URL LISTED
Old 02-07-2008, 10:24 PM
9 Second Club

APS and TTI are the only ones I know of. PM Peter@APS to see if he will sell you some.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

I need something that mounts them in front like say a banks turbo setup, who is TTI? Never heard of them, if you have a link thatd be cool.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:33 PM
12 Second Club

c6 mani+truck mani
Old 02-07-2008, 11:39 PM
On The Tree

i was considering that but I like the compactness of a cast manifold so that I dont have to deal with making up pipes for the things. If there isnt anything then I will go that route but Id prefer not to.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:57 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by matty b
I need something that mounts them in front like say a banks turbo setup, who is TTI? Never heard of them, if you have a link thatd be cool.
www.turbotechnologyinc.com been in business for almost 20 years....
Old 02-08-2008, 12:17 AM
On The Tree

PM sent
Old 02-08-2008, 01:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

*ANOTHER MOD EDIT* Please do not direct members to solicit non sponsor through PM's.

Chris.

Last edited by frcefed98; 02-08-2008 at 10:32 PM. Reason: nonsponserurl
Old 02-08-2008, 08:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
APS and TTI are the only ones I know of. PM Peter@APS to see if he will sell you some.
I PMed Peter at APS and he said they would only sell a complete kit.

Originally Posted by peter@aps
Originally Posted by xXxSilveradoxXx
I'm currently building a LQ4 Powered 300ZX and would like to use your F-Body TT Headers. Does APS sell seperate parts from your kits? If so, how much would a set of these manifolds cost me?

Pete
Sorry, I can't help you with seperate parts like a pair of exhaust manifolds,

Peter
Old 02-08-2008, 08:53 PM
TECH Resident

Um save your money, use pass. truck+ driver stock fbody manifold flipped forward and your good to go...simple as that. Use your money somewhere else, its not too hard to just weld a couple flanges/pipes for your turbo/wastegate etc. Especially if you use regular mild steel (aluminized)
Old 02-08-2008, 09:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Hennytime
c6 mani+truck mani
I've heard of the truck manifold setup, but not the C6. I'd like to see some pics of that..... I don't remember off the top of my head what the C6 (non-Z06) mainfolds look like.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:34 PM
TECH Resident

I've heard of the truck manifold setup, but not the C6. I'd like to see some pics of that..... I don't remember off the top of my head what the C6 (non-Z06) mainfolds look like.
Im doing a C6 driver side manifold and truck passenger manifold both flipped forward on my turbo setup. The C6 manifolds have HUGE primaries and look like they flow twice as much as a truck header, thats how nice they are. The C6 manifolds have all the primary tubes come straight down into the collector and are even. I hope you get what i mean....this is the best i can describe it, think of 1234 as primary tubes and imagine the "collector". Now just imagine how it would look as a manifold, its very evenly spaced out and come straight down, the C6 manifolds dont sweep to one side whatsoever compared to other stock manifolds and they're very clean and simple looking actually but again the primaries are a good 1/4" bigger at least than the truck/fbody mani's, like actual aftermarket headers lol No wonder they make nice power even the factory exhaust system is awesome.

1 2 3 4

"collector"
Old 02-09-2008, 02:40 PM
TECH Resident

The advantage of the driver C6 manifold on the passenger side flipped forward is that (with a K-Member) you will be able to keep A/C with very minimal issues and run the hot pipes around the condenser etc to the front of the car. You will also have to relocate the alternator up top since the truck mani flipped forward on the drivers side will take the alternators space. (but we already all should know that)
Old 02-09-2008, 05:13 PM
10 Second Club

Old 02-09-2008, 05:21 PM
TECH Resident

there ya go the one i use comes real close to the motor mount, but clears it and works very well. I'll post pics in another thread when i get more of it completed
Old 02-10-2008, 12:41 AM
12 Second Club

heres the original thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ht=manifold+c6

heres a pic of the c6 manifold and pipe to go around and keep the a/c units

this stock manifold kept the a/c somehow, but used alot of piping.

I plan on doing the c6+truck setup after i graduate and pay off student loans.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:10 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Hennytime
heres a pic of the c6 manifold and pipe to go around and keep the a/c units
Will those 2 stud collectors work in a turbo application?

Last edited by xXxSilveradoxXx; 02-10-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:58 AM
Staging Lane

How about you use two cast truck manifolds have your local speed shop/exhaust shop bend/weld some pipes and you buy bov,ic,wastegate a garrett gt45 or bigger ball bearing turbo?......You do it that way and get a bunchof upgrades etc and you can afford a proper forged build as well!!!
The guys here have done it with great success......
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/508764-truck-manifold-turbo-set-up-faq-s.html

These guys are pulling down these numbers and it works great.....
Old 02-11-2008, 03:48 AM
On The Tree

thanks for all the input, I just wanna make sure you guys are on the same page as me, Im running this motor in a 64 chevelle and most of the guys on here are running 4th gen f bodies. Will these setups work in a vintage A body? Granted I have more engine bay clearance than a first gen f body but you guys start talking about aftermarket k members and I start thinking that the info is being given with the assumption that this is a late model car. I might try to run the truck manifolds but room is at a premium in front of the motor cause the core support is fairly close to the motor. Most guys running a 60s car normally run their turbos up high and inline with the accecories cause of the lack of room near the motor mounts and in front of the motor. If any of you guys possibly have pics of a truck/c6 manifold setup on an early car it might sway my decision but at this point Im leary that going that route will not fit in my car. As far as the room goes, consider it the same as a new GTO cause thats about what Im dealing with minus the strut towers. Thanks again though I like the c6 manifolds that look like they flow a good bit more than the truck manifolds and if they clear a low mount ac compressor all the better.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:30 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SonnyG
How about you use two cast truck manifolds have your local speed shop/exhaust shop bend/weld some pipes and you buy bov,ic,wastegate a garrett gt45 or bigger ball bearing turbo?......You do it that way and get a bunchof upgrades etc and you can afford a proper forged build as well!!!
The guys here have done it with great success......
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508764

These guys are pulling down these numbers and it works great.....
theres no way im taking off the a/c here

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cast turbo manifolds?