Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Exhaust suggestions for T76 LT1 build

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 02:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Exhaust suggestions for T76 LT1 build

Not sure what exhaust setup I want to go with. I am on a tight budget so the best I will probably be able to do is a dumped bullet but was wondering if there was a quieter alternative that wasn't expensive and wouldn't cost me much in the way of power?
Old 02-12-2008, 10:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
Not sure what exhaust setup I want to go with. I am on a tight budget so the best I will probably be able to do is a dumped bullet but was wondering if there was a quieter alternative that wasn't expensive and wouldn't cost me much in the way of power?
Even with an open downpipe, the car will be pretty quiet because the turbo acts as a muffler. Honestly, a 3" bullet would be cheap enough and thats probably all you need to get going.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by RealQuick
Even with an open downpipe, the car will be pretty quiet because the turbo acts as a muffler. Honestly, a 3" bullet would be cheap enough and thats probably all you need to get going.
Thats pretty much what I was thinking, I just was wondering what else would be a worthwhile option to look into.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just finished mine 385 with a tti log kit and a t76, first i had a bullet right off the dp and it was way to loud in the car, now i just took off the bullet and ran 3.5 all the way over the axel and its very loud kind of sounds like a truck so i think i goin to try a spiral flow with a cut-out
Old 02-12-2008, 03:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have mine dumped. Downpipe turns a 90 after the turbo and just points to the ground.

The whistle is really loud, but the rumble is quiet at cruise and not bad when you get on it.