Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

PLEASE post up any vids of ATI Race bypass valve!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PLEASE post up any vids of ATI Race bypass valve!!

I'm tired of the stock plastic ATI vlv. I have a P1 @ 9.5psi. Now I know that the ATI Race is overkill for my application, but that it'll work fine regardless. I honestly just want more sound! That being said, my car is a DD and I've heard that the ATI Race is quite loud. I would just like to hear how loud it actually is I only found one vid on here and it was poor quality and couldn't really hear much. Thanks for any help.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:35 PM
11 Second Club

i believe that there is a metal bypass valve in the newer kits that sounds better/ louder for cheaper and might be easier to install
Old 02-22-2008, 05:11 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02NBMFormula
i believe that there is a metal bypass valve in the newer kits that sounds better/ louder for cheaper and might be easier to install
My kit is about 2yrs old. Newer than that? Because mine has a black metal vlv in it already that came with the kit. Also, I'm really looking for that WOW factor. That's my main reason for considering the ATI Race vlv. I just really want to hear/see some videos of it so I can try to decide if it'll be liveable for me, the driver, on a daily basis. She is my DD.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:24 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

V-Series Tech on here has the race bypass on his P1 setup....it is sick.
Not sure if he has any good sound clips...actually, he's supposed to be posting some videos of him racing this weekend....

Either way, let me assure you..the sound is sweet. Whistles at part throttle, and whooshes like mad when you slam the throttle shut. Do it.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:32 AM
Teching In

See, this is obviously what I want to hear. BUT, this is going on my daily driver. And I DO take the family in it sometimes on the weekends and once in a while up to South Carolina (2hr drive) to see family. My only concern is it being "overwhelming" when trying to carry on a normal conversation when at a stop light, cruising in town, or driving on the interstate. I'm fine with OTHERS saying "WTF IS THAT SOUND!!". That's what I want I just don't want to be saying that too followed by "Jesus, that's driving me nuts!", haha.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:56 AM
FLP
LS1TECH Sponsor

Thumbs up

Here is a video clip of my car when when it was just about completed.

http://v8havoc.com/stuff/mitch/blownbird.wmv

'95 Pontiac Firebird Formula
388 stroker LT1
ProCharger F1 (22 psi)
FAST engine management system
771 rwhp
682 rwtq
Old 02-22-2008, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

HELL NO! I guess im getting old, but the F1 im getting will make all of the noise I can handle. I think thats great for a wow factor when you pull into a car show or something, but you would get real tired of it in your dayly driver. my minds made up, recirculated mondo
Old 02-22-2008, 12:14 PM
FLP
LS1TECH Sponsor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lmt0705
HELL NO! I guess im getting old, but the F1 im getting will make all of the noise I can handle. I think thats great for a wow factor when you pull into a car show or something, but you would get real tired of it in your dayly driver. my minds made up, recirculated mondo
Actually inside the car it's not bad at all. You would be surprised.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:13 PM
Teching In

Well, I ordered it up today (atmosphere vent) from Bob at EPP. Will go on next week. What I'm going to do just to be safe, is CAP OFF the original bypass vlv flange. That way, IF the Race is too much I can just cap IT off and put the original bypass back on. I'm extremely anxious to see how it's going to sound. That vid you posted sounded SICK when you revved it up. I'm at work and our comps have only the tower speaker so I could hardly hear anything other than that. I'll need to listen to it when I get home to hear it at idle. This is the pipe mine will be going on...

Old 02-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FLP

Is that how they commonly sound when you rev them up??? If so, that's SICK. That's the "blow off" sound I'm looking for!! I'm sure it'll be diff. some though since I'm only at 9.5psi as opposed to 22!!!
Old 02-28-2008, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FLP

'95 Pontiac Firebird Formula
388 stroker LT1
ProCharger F1 (22 psi)
FAST engine management system
771 rwhp
682 rwtq
NICE MAN!!Sounds good as **** from both front & back LOL!!! both ends !! Now, this is a true LADY here!!LOL!!!
Old 02-29-2008, 09:13 AM
FLP
LS1TECH Sponsor

Smile

Originally Posted by barnat
NICE MAN!!Sounds good as **** from both front & back LOL!!! both ends !! Now, this is a true LADY here!!LOL!!!

Are you calling my car a lady? Actually my car was given a male personality when I bought it in 1995.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well I just got one too, after talking to procharger and some other experts in the buisness they advised me that if I did not have a valve that could move enough CFM I could actually damage the unit by pushing seals out of it. I guess if you hear any fluttering when you let off full throttle thats sending backpressue right to the blower and stopping the impeller or actually reversing its direction. so a little bit of noise is not worth damaging my 3000 new head unit.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:21 AM
Launching!

I'm most likely going with this BPV ("Big red") as well. I would like to hear a few more sound clips though if someone would like to share. Thanks!
Old 02-29-2008, 01:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a couple in this thread

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ght=badass99ss
Old 02-29-2008, 03:39 PM
TECH Resident

Call911 had a sweet clip of someones black 98-02 SS with a mean sounding BOV or Bypass i forget. i think it was a year ago and not sure how to find the sound clip.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by badass99ss
Thanks! Couple good ones there! I just got the vlv today It should be going on Monday. Man this thing is HUGE!

Old 02-29-2008, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here is a few of mine:

http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n...t=CIMG0795.flv

http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n...t=CIMG0775.flv

http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n...t=CIMG0794.flv
Old 03-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Teching In

Put it on this afternoon. Turned out very nicely. And quite stealthy too...visually Believe it or not, it's NOT loud at all inside the car. As you can hear in the video though she def. makes herself known now. It's quite loud standing in front of the car. I love the way it sounds when "blowing-off" when shifting at/near redline. Shifting before redline or near it, you get some of the sound, but just not as pronounced. I'm wondering if the sound inside, or lack thereof, is due to the location of the valve? Or if it's just that it's on a setup that doesn't necessarily "need" it. Regardless, the horror stories of it being too noisy, at least in my case, are completely unfounded. It's damn near no louder than the the stock ati vlv. But the blow-off is SWEET I'm extremely happy I did this. She's gonna turn more heads now I can promise you that. I'd really like to get some vids while cruising and maybe some WOT driveby's. Those will come when I can get them. For now I have just one, which I'll put up here ASAP. Plus pics, pics, pics.......enjoy!
Old 03-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Teching In

Quick Reply: PLEASE post up any vids of ATI Race bypass valve!!