Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Valves Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 05:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Valves Question

I'm planning to go Procharged and I have two set of heads; one a 243 with sodium filled valves and the other is a 317 with regular valves. I'm planning to run just 8 pounds of boost. My question is: Which head I should use and if the answer is the 317, being that I have the two valves sets option, should I use my sodium filled valves instead of the regular valves or leave the regular ones? SOME LIGHT ON THIS PLEASE. Thanks.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:29 AM
TECH Resident

Default valves question

Originally Posted by Mike Cordero
I'm planning to go Procharged and I have two set of heads; one a 243 with sodium filled valves and the other is a 317 with regular valves. I'm planning to run just 8 pounds of boost. My question is: Which head I should use and if the answer is the 317, being that I have the two valves sets option, should I use my sodium filled valves instead of the regular valves or leave the regular ones? SOME LIGHT ON THIS PLEASE. Thanks.
Do the sodium filled valves are as strong as the regular 317 ones; I'm thinking about the pressure that will hold with the Procharge.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i really wouldnt sweat that, as much as it sounds important, its actually not. on the seat the valve has 180+ lbs of pressure on it, and the wieght becomes really unimprtant until you get up into th 5, 6 ,7 hundred horse power range, 8 pounds of air pressure against 180 pounds doesnt really effect anything. hope this helps
Old 02-25-2008, 02:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

on another note, you will hardly see a differance in power change regardless of the head you chose.all 3 of those heads will be close to equal on a forced induction car, because head flow becomes not so much of a factor in performance. the only thing that will change the performance out come is your compression and honestly i dont know the chamber cc's of the 3 heads so i cant put my 2 cents in there, but id choose the head that will create the least compression and run them. again hope this helps.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Resident

Default valves question

Originally Posted by SD99TA214
on another note, you will hardly see a differance in power change regardless of the head you chose.all 3 of those heads will be close to equal on a forced induction car, because head flow becomes not so much of a factor in performance. the only thing that will change the performance out come is your compression and honestly i dont know the chamber cc's of the 3 heads so i cant put my 2 cents in there, but id choose the head that will create the least compression and run them. again hope this helps.
Thanks, I'm just curious because I have the option of keep the best of the two types. That's why I'm asking?
Old 02-25-2008, 06:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

either set will do the trick niether will be better in your case.

Quick Reply: Valves Question