Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ETP heads, Maggie 122 on a stroked 402... Meth needs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 08:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default ETP heads, Maggie 122 on a stroked 402... Meth needs?

I am having this built for my 05 GTO.

Stroked forged 402
Diamond -10 relief pistons
ETP 225 66cc heads with Scorpion rockers
New GM aluminum 6.0L block with a DM Performance main girdle
Topped off with a Magnusun 122 OVERDRIVEN w/ 60LB injectors and a 3.1 snout pulley.

I am figuring the CR to be 10.4:1

My point to this post is to address the concerns of Detonation and the hopes of preventing it without using meth.

According to ETP, meth will not be needed.

Thoughts about this? Or anything else about the build?

Tom
Old 03-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tom's2005gto
I am having this built for my 05 GTO.

Stroked forged 402
Diamond -10 relief pistons
ETP 225 66cc heads with Scorpion rockers
New GM aluminum 6.0L block with a DM Performance main girdle
Topped off with a Magnusun 122 OVERDRIVEN w/ 60LB injectors and a 3.1 snout pulley.

I am figuring the CR to be 10.4:1

My point to this post is to address the concerns of Detonation and the hopes of preventing it without using meth.

According to ETP, meth will not be needed.

Thoughts about this? Or anything else about the build?

Tom
You may not need it, but it will make more power with it. Its safer too.
Good combo BTW, I love ETP heads. We're putting a set of 225s on a KB motor real soon.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
You may not need it, but it will make more power with it. Its safer too.
Good combo BTW, I love ETP heads. We're putting a set of 225s on a KB motor real soon.

I am hoping to have all the power I will want / need without it. If meth is needed for safety I would do it.

I just have this uncomfortable feeling of having to rely on the system to save my motor. What I mean is, I am trying to build a safe motor without it, b/c I don't want to build a motor that needs meth, and if the meth fails, then the motor fails. And the thought lingering in the back of my mind "do I have enough in the tank"

I felt like I just talked in circles!

Tom
Old 03-19-2008, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man what part of Nashville are you in? I am in Hendersonville, I would love to check out your ride sometime.

As for your problem I am with you. If this is not an all out race car and just a street/stip car. The fact that you do not want to rely on meth says you should build a motor with the amount max boost that will allow you to safely not run meth.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WhosNXT
Hey man what part of Nashville are you in? I am in Hendersonville, I would love to check out your ride sometime.

As for your problem I am with you. If this is not an all out race car and just a street/stip car. The fact that you do not want to rely on meth says you should build a motor with the amount max boost that will allow you to safely not run meth.
Makes sense! I am on the south side. I-65 and OHB area.

Tom
Old 03-19-2008, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

OHB Madison or Franklin. I live in H-ville but have to drive to Spring Hill everyday for work.

EDIT....you said south side, so that would be Franklin. I am an idiot.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good thing you got that edit key.... I was about to call you a, well never mind, you did it!

Tom
Old 03-19-2008, 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A bunch of us GTO guys met up for a GTG a couple weekends ago for the Hunters show. This Sunday we are meeting at Jack's Bar-b-que at 5th and Broad for lunch at 11:30. Then we are headed to the convention center for the Nashville Int'l Car Show.

Come join us!!

Tom

I hope Bob (another GTO guy, drives his newly acquired Z06) not new new. Used, but any Z06 is a good thing!
Old 03-19-2008, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I was at the hunters show. It seems to get worse every year. There were a hand full of cars at the most that caught my attention. I was fond of the two early model Chevys with lsx power plants and the orange first gen in the center with lsx power. I would love to come hang out with some fellow lsx brethren if it would not be imposing. I am only 23, so I do not know if you guys want a "youngin" tagging along. On the other side I have had 3 lsx vehicles and have lived and breathed them since is was 15. So I should fit right in. I have 3 fellow vettes and a couple F-body lsx people I can bring with me.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I was at the hunters show. It seems to get worse every year. There were a hand full of cars at the most that caught my attention. I was fond of the two early model Chevys with lsx power plants and the orange first gen in the center with lsx power. I would love to come hang out with some fellow lsx brethren if it would not be imposing. I am only 23, so I do not know if you guys want a "youngin" tagging along. On the other side I have had 3 lsx vehicles and have lived and breathed them since is was 15. So I should fit right in. I have 3 fellow vettes and a couple F-body lsx people I can bring with me.

23 !!! I have kids almost your age... Just giving you crap man. Some of the other guys are older them me and some (well one of them) is younger, probably your age. If you don't mind hanging with the "old guys" Come on, be glad to have ya join us.

Are you gonna try to make it to Jack's for lunch?

ps... one of the guys coming is a professional photographer. He will bring a killer camera and take some awesome pics.

Tom
Old 03-19-2008, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

The guy with a camera, does he have a GTO and is named Josh? No I do not mind, to be completely honest I prefer to hang out with people above my age. People my age are not really my cup of tea. I guess I matured a bit quicker and do not enjoy many of the things they do. Yeah Ill try and make it to Jack's have a couple brews with everyone and catch the show.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The guy with a camera, does he have a GTO and is named Josh? No I do not mind, to be completely honest I prefer to hang out with people above my age. People my age are not really my cup of tea. I guess I matured a bit quicker and do not enjoy many of the things they do. Yeah Ill try and make it to Jack's have a couple brews with everyone and catch the show.

Sounds great!

The guy with the camera and the GTO, his name is John.

Tom

Quick Reply: ETP heads, Maggie 122 on a stroked 402... Meth needs?