Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo selection help

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 01:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Turbo selection help

I am planning on this build being for primarily street for now. The powerplant will be a 6.0L-based 408 with AFR 225 heads, GMPP or Victor Jr. EFI manifold, Wilson 90mm TB and a custom-ground camshaft. For drivetrain, I'm using a built 4L80E transmission and Moser 9" 31-spline rear end. Additionally this truck will be bagged and will have an Air Ride Technologies triangulated 4-link rear suspension. Low-end torque is a must! This truck will not see anything past 6000 RPM's.

The turbo's that I have looked at are the S85, 88 and 91 from ForcedInductions.com (all are T-6 flange). Would any one of these turbos be suitable for my needs? Lately I've noticed some discussion about the new ST and SX series turbos. Would these be better suited for street use? I want this truck to get moving quick!

Thanks for reading. I'd appreciate any input!
Old 03-31-2008, 01:54 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all of those turbos are proven to make big numbers. i think if you look through the threads there are two similar builds that people have going on with s91's. its all about how much power you want to make and what kind of money youre willing to spend.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:12 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by borninatransam
all of those turbos are proven to make big numbers. i think if you look through the threads there are two similar builds that people have going on with s91's. its all about how much power you want to make and what kind of money youre willing to spend.
Exactly....any of the ones you just mention have the ability to reach 1000rwhp or more. One of our S85 customer this weekend dynoed 1009rwhp on a 402 LS1. Spoolup he claims is stupid fast and actually coming on a little to soon....