Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Its Alive!!!!

Old 04-18-2008, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its Alive!!!!

Well, I got the car fired tonight and everything seems to be ok.
I didn't have the vacuum for the bypass valve hooked up at first, so that was causing a few issues. Once i got that hooked up, it seemed to help a lot!!!

One question that i do have, before i put the bumper back on, what is the best way to check for boost leaks? I'm going to hopefully have the car tuned at the end of this upcoming week, but i want to make sure i don't run into unforeseen leaks / issues.

I have new plugs / wires, so i'll be to changing them as well as the oil.
Gonna change the injectors right after i load it on the trailer.

Any other pointers / tips anyone has on what to check / test for would be great.

Also another question while i'm thinking about it, i have a new clutch, tex. oz700, ready to go on the car. The car right now has a 10k mile stock style clutch in it. I know that "in theory" the tex. dose not need a break in, but would it be a good idea to put the clutch in, and limp the car around for a bit to get some miles on it before the tuning??? Or would it be a better idea to get it tuned with the stock clutch (I'm thinking no)???

As of this moment in time, I'm on the stock bottom end, so the tune is going to be ultra conservative till i have my new motor done (kinda ran into a few problems with my local guy) which will be toward the middle / end of summer.

Again any tips / pointers from you guys / gals that have been down this road before would be great.

Thanks...
--Mike
Old 04-18-2008, 10:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have first hand experience from clutch break in's but don't all they require is a certain ammount of stop and go miles. If so why don't you do some crusing around town and break it in before you hit the dyno. It might also be ok without a break in as you will be slowly engauing the clutch while pulling in third gear so the strain shouldn't be AS significant as it would be with WOT shifting. Why don't you check our the manual section and maybe even try a search in there. Sure someone could help you out more in here even though its the FI section and most run auto's.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Its Alive!!!!