Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

E-boost2 help What are your SP, GP, SN?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 11:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-boost2 help What are your SP, GP, SN?

I just got through searching this forum and couldn't find what I'm looking for. I've got a RMT T70 M6 I just installed the Eboost2 and was doing some highway pulls in 4th. I set SP1 to 26 and I would pull to 9.5 psi then by red line it would drop to 7.8ish. I did some low speed 2nd gear pulls and I get to 7.8psi then It drops just a little. On my final pull I got pulled over, Thank you Misses Cop for the no ticket! I'm just looking to see what others are running for a ball park setting. I'm trying to get tuned at 8psi. My wastegate spring is about 4psi My SP1 is set at 26 my GP1 at 7.5 and my SN1 at 40. Also I'm set up using the two port method 1 and the line to the eboost is off the brake booster line
Old 04-19-2008, 12:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

i keep my gate pressure at least 5psi away from desired boost to keep the overshoot you are experiencing from happening. i would experiment witht that.

also you may find some boost stability problems in general when going over double the gate spring rated pressure
Old 04-19-2008, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

im pretty sure tial has a 8psi spring u can just run that
Old 04-19-2008, 09:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm actualy running a 6.8psi spring but with the rear mount I loose boost in the higher RPM. I completely disconected the waste gate referance and was not out of turbo so I know tI should be able to control it with an EBC. I used the hallman pro manual boost controller and I would hit 8 psi and drop to 4.5-5 by red line. I lowered my sp to 25 WG to 5.0 and increased the SN to 60 which seems to help. I'll continue tweaking the SP and SN once I've got a nice clean boost line I'll play with the WG setings.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

one thing i found with the sensitivity on the eboost is that...

when i had the sensitivy low..the dyno chart was nice and smooth curve but the boost would fall off at the top end.

when i increased it...the dyno chart did huge dips up and down..but the eboost read a constant or very little boost drop off.

Quick Reply: E-boost2 help What are your SP, GP, SN?