Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Question about tuning in SD

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Question about tuning in SD

I just started tuning tonight in SD. I added fuel as a suggested precaution in Hptuner. I notice two things, one of the obvious ones is, I am running richer (b/c I added fuel) and my Wideband is a lot more steady (doesn't jump around in SD) I guess b/c I'm in open loop?

My main question is, after I get my AFR Error % the closest I can to 0, will I still run rich in comparison to Closedloop?
Old 04-21-2008, 01:14 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can tune in OL to whatever a/f you like. has nothing to do with SD. You can tune a MAF car or a SD car to any a/f you please. There are no rules to what you like. I tune very lean in drive ability and what i want on WOT. I have logged a ton of hours on Chevy's tune and they run the ls1 cars very lean, but not quite lean enough.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by maxgee
I just started tuning tonight in SD. I added fuel as a suggested precaution in Hptuner. I notice two things, one of the obvious ones is, I am running richer (b/c I added fuel) and my Wideband is a lot more steady (doesn't jump around in SD) I guess b/c I'm in open loop?

My main question is, after I get my AFR Error % the closest I can to 0, will I still run rich in comparison to Closedloop?
You will run whatever a/f you tune it to. The a/f will not change from your tune in open loop. However the car will run richer as the air heats up and leaner when the air cools ie-winter to summer. You can compensate for this by the AIT.