Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

02 ss with vortech s trim

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 06:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 ss with vortech s trim

well i have found a amazing deal on a s trim blower from a local guy who had it on his h2, i spoke with vortech who then referred me to rocky mountain company out of Colorado, they make brackets to fit the s trim on a f body, sell me all the tubes, coil pack relocation kit hoses etc. for 1600 bucks, i then have to buy a ati dampener . besides the obvious like injectors a fuel pump and a good tune, what else should i keep in mind???

also has anyone installed one of these kits without having to cut into the ss hood? id rather not have to modify the car any to have a blower besides the obvious.

also i know this question has been asked time and time again. i obviously should consider new internals, is just putting new rods and pistons in gonna cut 8psi of boost or do i need a crank too?

i want to make this a legit setup but don't wanna break the bank,. any suggestions or advice would be great

thanks luke
Old 04-23-2008, 05:48 PM
11 Second Club

28 views no advice? no one has worked with s trim votechs before?
Old 04-23-2008, 07:15 PM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've only seen the RMCR kits with the T-Trim and YSi-Trim, not the S-Trim.

You will definitely have to cut into the SS hood as the RMCR kit sits the blower in the same place as Vortech does. I've had the RMCR kit for a while but have not installed it, so I really can't tell you how much higher than the G-Trim it sits.

Is RMCR going to sell you the original Vortech aluminum tubes or are you going to fab something up? Are they going to sell you the Vortech Aftercooler or are you going to use a front mount?

At 8psi you'll be ok with the stock bottom end. All you'll really need is forged rods and pistons if you decide to change the pulley and make more power.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ss1
I've only seen the RMCR kits with the T-Trim and YSi-Trim, not the S-Trim.

You will definitely have to cut into the SS hood as the RMCR kit sits the blower in the same place as Vortech does. I've had the RMCR kit for a while but have not installed it, so I really can't tell you how much higher than the G-Trim it sits.

Is RMCR going to sell you the original Vortech aluminum tubes or are you going to fab something up? Are they going to sell you the Vortech Aftercooler or are you going to use a front mount?

At 8psi you'll be ok with the stock bottom end. All you'll really need is forged rods and pistons if you decide to change the pulley and make more power.
they were going to sell me the brackets, the tubes, the plenum and all the relocation kits i would need basically all i could use that i have is the blower itself the brackets i have and pulley are useless as the blower kit i have came of a fully built h2 hummer. basically he told me that at 8 psi the s trim provides up to 1000cfm of flow, with supporting fuel system im looking at 500 hp to the wheels on the stock bottom end, and of course with forged rods and pistons a different pulley the sky is the limit.
also as far as the intercooler he told me the front mount they offer is 1k, and the cogged pulley kit is another 1k, so im looking at an intercooled blower kit for my camaro and sitting at nearly 5k with all the fuel and other odds and ends. i dont know if im ready for that kind of mod to my car, i dont really wanna trash my stock 10 bolt and t56 and clutch, by the time i get done ill be at nearly 10k invested for a reliable 11 sec car., not something i wanna do right now. im in the middle ofbuying a home and im only 21, so money is tight as it is.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy my T-trim with the RMCR brackets. You get a free blower for what they charge.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:08 AM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think it's worth it, honestly. If the S-Trim is good for 1000cfm you'll be able to get about 700fwhp out of it. The sky is not necessarily the limit with a forged bottom. Once you max out the blower, thats pretty much all the power you're going to make. You also should make sure this blower spins in the right direction for the F-body before you buy it.

If you buy the Kit from 2001WS6VERT, you'll get a T-Trim blower good for 1200cfm, rated for 825fwhp. You can then buy the rest of the stuff from RMCR to finish up the kit.

If you don't think you're ready for all of this, don't jump into it. You may regret it a few months down the road when you realize how much money all of the little things are going to cost you.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:49 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ss1
I don't think it's worth it, honestly. If the S-Trim is good for 1000cfm you'll be able to get about 700fwhp out of it. The sky is not necessarily the limit with a forged bottom. Once you max out the blower, thats pretty much all the power you're going to make. You also should make sure this blower spins in the right direction for the F-body before you buy it.

If you buy the Kit from 2001WS6VERT, you'll get a T-Trim blower good for 1200cfm, rated for 825fwhp. You can then buy the rest of the stuff from RMCR to finish up the kit.

If you don't think you're ready for all of this, don't jump into it. You may regret it a few months down the road when you realize how much money all of the little things are going to cost you.
thanks for the good advice, and yes ,i was just adding up all the small details, and what i thought was going to be a good deal turned into thousands invested to make it work,

hey 01ws6, pm me a price on your whole kit, brackets tubes, compressor everything.

thanks for the helpfull advice guys

Quick Reply: 02 ss with vortech s trim