Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What supercharger Kit for LS2 Vette???

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 09:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What supercharger Kit for LS2 Vette???

My dad and i have been searching for a supercharger Kit for his 2007 C6 LS2 corvette with 6speed auto. We where looking at a P1 Procharger, but we found a website that had reviews of the kit and 90% of them where horrible, saying the kit and the company where crap, horrible customer service and not honoring there warrenties. I thought Prochargers where the best in the biz. Whats the deal? If not a procharger, then what? He wants to keep the factory hood and doesnt want to spend 7 or 8k on a turbo kit. Current mods, Long tube headers, haltech Intake and tune.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go with D1SC (if they have it for C6)

Check Exotic performance plus for info and help.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:20 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by venom ws7
I would go with D1SC (if they have it for C6)

Check Exotic performance plus for info and help.
Thanks, I appreciate it! Bob
Old 04-23-2008, 05:32 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FASTERthanYOU
My dad and i have been searching for a supercharger Kit for his 2007 C6 LS2 corvette with 6speed auto. We where looking at a P1 Procharger, but we found a website that had reviews of the kit and 90% of them where horrible, saying the kit and the company where crap, horrible customer service and not honoring there warrenties. I thought Prochargers where the best in the biz. Whats the deal? If not a procharger, then what? He wants to keep the factory hood and doesnt want to spend 7 or 8k on a turbo kit. Current mods, Long tube headers, haltech Intake and tune.
We install a lot of ATI ProCharger kits, their personnel are very friendly and they go out of their way to help people out who have problems. ProCharger redesigned their Corvette bracket assembly when they came out with the C6 kit, and it is a very nice design.
Check out this C6 that we installed a P-1SC-1 on when this car only had 300 miles on it. It made 323 rwhp before the install, and 470 rwhp after the Procharger install, nothing else was done to this car, it still had the stock exhaust system. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=30
This is more power than a stock C6 Z06 makes on our dyno.

The ProCharger D-1SC kit is for those who anticipate doing a lot more to their cars down the road. The D-1SC will allow these engines to produce approx 16 psi of boost at sea level to 1000 ft where the P-1SC-1 would be limited to somewhere around 12-13 psi in the same elevation range. The D-1SC cannot be ordered with the supplied tune from ProCharger, as the P-1SC-1 can be. Give me a call at 260 244-4808 for a great price. Bob
Old 04-23-2008, 09:58 AM
TECH Regular

I'll show this to Him. Thanks
Old 04-23-2008, 12:36 PM
Launching!

You will spend about 7-8k on a properly done procharger kit,(kit, install, tune, some other doo-dads like gauges) and if you push the car at all, you will spend quite a bit more upgrading other parts. And youre better off buying it from a vendor other than procharger, as these vendors have refined the kit beyond what ATI does.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:17 PM
TECH Regular

Werd.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:13 PM
TECH Resident

Procharger=KITTY CATS POJAMAS!
Old 04-24-2008, 10:12 AM
TECH Veteran

This was my previous setup on my C6. Not knocking procharger just showing you another option. Like they said above go with the vendors to get a procharger much better kit, and they do enough buisness with ATI when they need a part they get it vs. the individual needing it and getting it. The maggie needs a new hood only, took me less then a day to install it. With Kooks long tubes, 5.5lbs pulley and stock catback it made 470HP/460TQ. My setup cost me 5000 for the blower (bought it off Corvette Forum never installed) hood 700 and 700 for paint. All parts were new, just people changing thier minds about what they wanted. With a better cam and alittle more boost nineball made over 550RWHP on his C6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjib7luyh3w

Old 04-24-2008, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

Talk to Andy @ A&A Corvette. They make custom billet brackets for C6s that use a Vortech head unit. They used Prochargers for the longest time, but they started using Vortech a little ways back and haven't looked back since. The brackets are stronger, resist flex better, and have alot more belt wrap than any "off the shelf" kit out there.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:03 PM
TECH Veteran

yea andy has a kick *** setup too. ECS as well. Honestly hoover over to corvetteforum.com and look in the LS2 F/I section. You get alot of options there for the vettes. ECS prolly makes a Novi setup by now, A&A went to Vortech after having issues and price changes with ATI and makes great results, APS makes a kit, STS, Magnacharger, Procharger kits dude seriously there are alot of options. If talking your dad into mods to a car like me and my brother do with my dad, good luck.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:04 PM
TECH Regular

I have the A&A Corvette Vortech kit on my car and it is a very nice kit and the install isnt bad either. The new A&A kits include the V3 head unit which is self contained like the procharger.

Quick Reply: What supercharger Kit for LS2 Vette???