Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Flushing an a/w intercooler/tank?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 02:01 AM
7 Second Club

Received 283 Likes on 187 Posts

Default Flushing an a/w intercooler/tank?

Does anybody know a good solution to flushing the water system on an a/w intercooler, etc? I notice a small amount of general build up in the coolant system for the air/water intercooler/radiator/tank and I want to clean it all out.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:15 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

depending on what type of system you have there are a couple of different ways to do it. the easiest way would be to take a long hose and stick it in the bottom of the reservior, then put the other end BELOW the lowest point of the res. and start sucking. shouldn't take long until the water starts flowing out.

FYI, the only time I ever changed my Res. fluid was in the in the winter when I added antifreeze.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:17 AM
7 Second Club

Received 283 Likes on 187 Posts

Well I know how to drain the system as my tank has a valve on the bottom of it so that part is easy. I am wondering what a good cleaning solution is to run through the system to help flush and clean it out. I will fill it back up with water, etc afterwards.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:18 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Grab some C.L.R. From Home Depot or similar. Mix it in with the water thats in there now. Run the pumps for about 15 minutes then flush with clean water and you should be good to go.

P.S. Beautiful car Nic... WOW

Quick Reply: Flushing an a/w intercooler/tank?