Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

APS Help me

Old 04-30-2008, 03:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question APS Help me

I have trickflow 72 cc and 9.0 comper. in 400 ci is good for APS turbo?
Old 04-30-2008, 07:45 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why wouldn't it be? JM on the forum is running 9.90 at 138 on his 402 at 12.5 psi.
Not sure how much faster the standard turbos could take him. Or you could get the upgrade kit with the bigger turbos if you for sure want to go faster still and have more hp potential.

I am shortly going to be running 408 with 9.5 compression and standard kit for starters, I have afr 225 72cc heads.Might have numbers this year ,next for sure.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:54 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98_twinturbo
while 400 CID will work and make nice power a smaller engine would be better with the stock APS turbos.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Darren I thought you said your car made 800 rwhp at 20psi thru your auto? I think the Jury is still out on weather the standard turbos are too small for a 402/408. We need to see some more dyno numbers at higher boost levels with the higher boost intake tubes to make sure they are not collapsing. We need more data. We already know what the smaller turbos are capable of in terms of hp and ets and mph in Jms 402 at 12.5 psi.
We don't know much beyond that except for think your brief dyno?
Old 04-30-2008, 01:36 PM
On The Tree

Default aps

i should have mine running this weekend trick flow 225s on a 408 and a 4l80e trans 120 psi injectors hope to post dyno numbers in about a week
Old 04-30-2008, 05:57 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98_twinturbo
that should work very well
the ? is how many guys have had there turbos go bad all ready? ive talk to few guys that have them go bad on here i had one go bad from the start (peter was no help) it works good now but some days i think i should have gone with something else . and there alot of guys that have had good luck with them too just check every thing really good before install
Old 04-30-2008, 06:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Tom dont think been more than one or two bad aps turbos on this forum. They sold more of these same turbos on the gtos and vettes so guess guy could check out those forums as well. The mits turbos should be very reliable. And I thought they gave you a new one?
Old 05-01-2008, 12:32 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
Tom dont think been more than one or two bad aps turbos on this forum. They sold more of these same turbos on the gtos and vettes so guess guy could check out those forums as well. The mits turbos should be very reliable. And I thought they gave you a new one?
they didnt help at all i had to pay for it. i should put up a post for that what do you think?
and just because one puts up a post does not mean more haven't gone bad ive talk to a few guys that had the same thing happen to them. they PM me because they didnt know what was going on

And WS6 when you get your kit up and running come talk to me right now your just going off what you hear im not hating i just going off what i have done and seen im not trying to turn this guy away from the APS i just want him to be on the look out thats all so these thing dont happen to him,
for the vette thing i have pick up from some shops out hear that they have had turbos go bad but thats just on the grape vine. but i cant back that one to much thats just what i hear
Old 05-01-2008, 12:38 AM
9 Second Club

Im running a 402 and trick flow 235's. My turbo's havent given me any problems yet. I hope they dont any time soon Peter has yet to reply to any of my request for the upgraded housing etc. But why **** with something that is working???? Im moving on to better things and Im happy with all my cars right now. The APS system works well for the price! I think I have proven that.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:00 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Im running a 402 and trick flow 235's. My turbo's havent given me any problems yet. I hope they dont any time soon Peter has yet to reply to any of my request for the upgraded housing etc. But why **** with something that is working???? Im moving on to better things and Im happy with all my cars right now. The APS system works well for the price! I think I have proven that.
i think its my luck LOL
and you have some nice car and looks like alot of time in to them but sorry man its hard to know someone on a computer the only thing you have proven is that you have money im a u.s. marine they dont pay as well but dont take this bad speed just cost money thats all
Old 05-01-2008, 01:17 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by tomz28
i think its my luck LOL
and you have some nice car and looks like alot of time in to them but sorry man its hard to know someone on a computer the only thing you have proven is that you have money im a u.s. marine they dont pay as well but dont take this bad speed just cost money thats all
Ive proven that I am smart with my money. And I went to college and paid my dues. Im still a single income household and have my wife and my daughter. Also another one on the way. Im also a partner of a performance shop called Lethal Performance in San Antonio. The rewards I spoil myself with are HARD EARNED. Hell Nineball makes me look like a chump!
Old 05-01-2008, 01:33 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Ive proven that I am smart with my money. And I went to college and paid my dues. Im still a single income household and have my wife and my daughter. Also another one on the way. Im also a partner of a performance shop called Lethal Performance in San Antonio. The rewards I spoil myself with are HARD EARNED. Hell Nineball makes me look like a chump!
it paid off you got some bad *** car hell you make me look like a chump! hahaha
i cant wait to back to collage and finish what i started. i have a wife and son too i spoiled my self when i got back from iraq HAHAH
how is tx i was thinking of moving there when i get out

Search this Thread