Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

My new plate showed up today.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 04:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default My new plate showed up today.

Unfortunately my new plate showed up ahead of my new 408 so you can think of it more as a goal right now not a statement of fact. My goals are 800rwhp with auto or 850 rwhp with m6 about 1000 engine hp at the usual numbers of 15% m6 and 20% auto driveline loss. Yes I know you can nitpick these numbers..

I figure should come close to these numbers on turbos alone and have zex wet kit to pretty much guarantee it if fall a bit short. And the plate is referring to engine hp since most people have no clue about rear wheel hp.

Anyway mostly did it for fun. I have twin turbo badge for the back of the car and for the sides and have a nice 408 badge also to install on each side.

Not really going for the stealth thing here guys obviously!
I don't really see a twin turbo car being very stealth regardless. Once the twins spool up you pretty much know you are in a world of hurt if you are up against a tt vehicle. I intend to likely get louder bov valves also the standard APS are I think going to be a bit too quiet for me.

Too bad we didnt' have a choice of color on our plates. Some black lettering would have been better I think.

Last edited by MY99TAWS6; 05-29-2008 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice.

There is a super local who has the same plate around here.

Ryan
Old 05-29-2008, 04:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is bad ***!
Old 05-29-2008, 06:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

NICE!!! You should hit your goal, but if you don't than just turn up the boost or add more spray

Holy Cow Saskatchewan. The only time I have ever been there is when I was diverted from Calgary due to a hail storm. I got stuck in an airport for 15 hours in Saskatoon.

Glenn
Old 05-29-2008, 08:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Better have an engine dyno sheet or chassis dyno shhet to back it up or I vote "gay".
Old 05-29-2008, 08:42 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That plate will get you alot of street races.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Slowhawk

Being 50 year old guy not too worried about street races. I don't race in town and when do play its well out of town usually on Sunday mornings when most people are at church and on deserted highways. I would say the track but car is not getting a rollbar ever and assume will be kicked off after a few runs.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ninetres
Better have an engine dyno sheet or chassis dyno shhet to back it up or I vote "gay".

I fully intend to get a dyno done on the car and as said have zex wet single kit currently and will be getting direct port likely if throw the single kit on my 96z so pretty confident can hit that number. Have to settle for 800 auto to 850 rwhp on chassis dyno figure that is close enough . Never said it was rwhp.Most people don't know what rwhp even is.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:43 PM
Staging Lane

Nice now get the power
Old 05-29-2008, 10:17 PM
9 Second Club

nice.. Now someone has to get 1001 hp.

I was trying to figure out a custom plate the other day, but nothing i loved came into mind.

Chris
Old 05-29-2008, 10:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 1966goat
Nice now get the power
Working on it ...see sig..
Old 05-30-2008, 07:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

if you claim 1k and show people 800-850 they will not understand and be dissapointed while you scramble to explain the conversion.

get an engine dyno done showing 1k and you are all set.

to run a plate like that you need to be willing to run and bust *** on anybody. if you lose or don't race at all you will be deemed F.O.S

honestly to put the plate on the car before the figures let alone combination is finished says to me you are all ready headed in the wrong direction

Last edited by MIGHTYMOUSE; 05-30-2008 at 09:55 AM.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:49 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
And several new friends with your local police department

Keith
Old 05-30-2008, 08:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ls1290
And several new friends with your local police department

Keith
Old 05-30-2008, 09:11 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
if you claim 1k and show people 800-850 they will not understand and be dissapointed while you scramble to explain the conversion.

get an engine dyno done showing 1k and you are all set.

to run a plate like that you need to be willing to run and bust *** on anybody. if you lose or don't race at all you will be deemed F.O.S

honestly to put the plate on the car before the figures let along combination is finished says to me you are all ready headed in the wrong direction
No kidding I agree with ya 100%
Old 05-30-2008, 10:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Plate had to be ordered 8 weeks or so ahead since it takes that long to get it. Engine and mods should have been in car by now but ran into some delays it seems from wiseco on the custom pistons and some health issues from Dave at Candian Performance. Hoping the motor does show up in next month or so. And according to local rules the plate had to be put on a car that was registered for them to release it and would have looked even funnier on my minivan.

No shortage of chassis dynos around here so that should be easy enough to get. We have engine dyno in our city but not sure its that easy to go test a ls1 on it. Not even sure how you test it,do you have to pull computer out of the car or get a spare computer I am not going carb on my ls1.Might engine dyno it check into it a bit more.

And again you guys take all this car stuff too seriously.I don't really care if the average guy can't figure out that 850rwhp on chassis is same as 1000 engine hp. Not going to be whipping out my dyno slips to every person I meet.

As for street racing already said too old for that stuff its not an issue. They are going to call me a coward anyway for not racing them in the city now but thats fine am 50 not 20 and going to jail or hurting someone from street racing in the city is not my idea of smart or fun.
As for police attention have to see. Again 50 year old guys don't usually have much problems with police. Have an excellent driving record they can look up instantly on their computers so might get some curious stops have to see. Now quite a few guys on the force also.

Car is not going to be a garage show queen totally either. The car will get taken to track until its kicked off as no cage is planned unless NHRA changes its rules on the hoop crossbar having to be welded in. Not trashing the back seat for NHRA.
This is not to say that won't exercise the car once in awhile on solo timing runs with my timing toy, Will run it fairly hard and fast here and there on things like Sunday mornings out of town aways. And sure it might have it share of wins and losses at the track or in personal little out of town duels or "test and tunes." I don't plan on running and saying the car has that power until its done. I am honest guy and will simply say the car has that much power potentially or that is goal hp currently.

This car stuff is a hobby, but too many of you guys especially young guys seem to take things so seriously..Just like very few cars can do the times they can at the track on the street ,especially if they are tracked with one person in the car,lightened down ,and running mabye et streets or slicks. And of course different density air can greatly affect times as well. So your 10 second car at track might have a hard time running mid 11s on the street. Seen it many many times. Not to mention on the street anything can happen.
Especially with standards. Too easy to miss a shift,short shift,hit the limiter,etc.

Track numbers are just that . A number for that day at such a such weather conditions ,such and such track .Still you ask guys what their car runs and they give their best track time even if only got the number once on a negative 3000 density air day at end of september type of thing. With their 120 pound buddy driving.

This is supposed to be a hobby and that all it is to me. So as said unfortunate that plates showed up before engine and mods in sig were installed and before ran some dyno tests but hardly end of the world stuff. And hardly going to be hanging my head in shame when some kid in a honda taunts me for not running him on mainstreet. When car does show up at the track for its couple of runs before its booted it will have the mods in sig on the car. Mods are sitting here waiting to go on but no point putting turbos on stock motor. Can't reach my goal hp on stock motor.

Now some say the plate is ricey. But to me Rice means a car an import normally that has like decals and maybe a cold air from home depot ,big fart can muffler and some stupid looking ground effects. Difference on the 99 ta is it has the mods in sig they are not installed but they exist waiting for install. And while may fall a few hp short off spray possibly doubt will have any trouble hitting my 800 or 850 rwhp goals with some nitrous on top. Nitrous and turbos do play well together seen it many many times in the dsm community and no stranger to dsm cars as you can see from my sig. For some reason not as many v8 guys tend to combine these two power adders not sure why. Nitrous spools up the turbos pretty much instantly,supercools the intake charge and usually in dsm see smaller shots give bigger than you would have thought results in terms of output hp as well. On a good strong forged engine not a big deal to run both of course assuming proper support mods and tuning.

Anyway plate is on the car, its staying there and hope to be Worthy of it shortly.Its the current bar.And if have to trade up to the bigger snails,up the shot a bit or whatever will do so to make sure hit at least that mark. Pretty stubborn when going after a goal I set for my cars. And have built a supercharged BBC in the past that put out around the 1000hp mark. Course it was in an 8000 pound hearse!
Old 05-30-2008, 12:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

i never failed a track inspection with my removable back seat bar, sure wish i still had it removable with the 8.5 cert

im gonna get my 2khp plates on the way now... its a good goal.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:38 PM
Banned

my car is yellow and black. and in iowa we have the yellow and black hawkey plate. so i just want a yellow and black plate with TWNTRBO
what you all think?