Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Day 1 Build Ebay Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 03:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Day 1 Build Ebay Kit

Well I wasnt going to start the build until tomorrow but said what the hell, its 10:30PM and i dont feel like going out, might as well work on the car.

So I started ripping parts out.

Here she is, stock engine with Long tube headers.

Once I took the Lid/Maf/Base off, I did notice a nice bag sitting in front of my radiator!. There is also a ton of crap in between the A/C Condensor and Radiator. So it will need to come out and get a good cleaning.

I then moved to taking the wires off and loosened all the header bolts. Trying to Seperate the header and Y-Pipe was the BIGGEST BITCH IN THE WORLD!!

Ended up cutting a 2 inch cut along the Opening of all the connections. This allowed the header to wiggle out.

I also had to remove the steering stem to get the driver side header out. I cant remember if I had to do that to when I installed them 3 years ago, but o well.

Anyways, here is my ghetto way of getting the car as high as I could. Safetly

When taking the o2's out i noticed that one of them was melting at the connection. Could explain why my car sometimes would idle wierd?

So tomorrows agenda is getting the remaining pieces wrapped. I started on the down pipe and it is currently drying as we speak. I wore gloves and Im still itching some how from the header wrap.

Old 06-21-2008, 03:24 AM
TECH Addict

What did you coat the wrapping with ? I noticed you said its drying.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I soaked the wrap in water. I guess thats the way your suppose to use header wrap as it will shrink as it is drying, which makes a tighter seal. I also bought DEI Header Silicone spray, and will spray it tomorrow morning. Its suppose to make it resistant to a lot of things.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks cool so far, looking forward to seeing the rest of ur build! Posting step by step pics kinda like what you're already doing is awesome!!! good luck with the rest of it
Old 06-21-2008, 04:20 AM
12 Second Club

I'm really looking forward to watching this build progress. Good luck with it .
Old 06-21-2008, 04:24 AM
On The Tree

subscribing
Old 06-21-2008, 07:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackSuperchargedLS1
subscribing
x2..... hopefully the bolt holes all line up first before going any further with the build
Old 06-21-2008, 09:07 AM
TECH Regular

x3... im interested to see what this kit will do
Old 06-21-2008, 09:29 AM
TECH Addict

Good job, keep moving along. I finally got my PTK kit installed and running a couple days ago but waiting for a couple randeom parts still before I go get it tuned.

I took a buch of pictures to and was going to make a build thread but just never got around to doing so. I'll get it up one of these days. I should really just email them to work since I have allot of extra time on my hands at work not like at home where I am always busy
Old 06-21-2008, 09:42 AM
12 Second Club

damn its going to kill me to wait till graduation to build this up
Old 06-21-2008, 09:47 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Hennytime
damn its going to kill me to wait till graduation to build this up
What do you got planned now? You had the Vortech kit last year but sold it on me right
Old 06-21-2008, 09:58 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Websy21
What do you got planned now? You had the Vortech kit last year but sold it on me right
i have this kit. i got it for 900 shipped but im slowly collecting parts and basically my plan is to invite everyone i can think of to my grad party and people i dont know in hopes they just send money.

I had the vortec, but it was way over my abilities to put it on and tune so i sold it for like 100 bucks less than i got it for
Old 06-21-2008, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good luck bud, don't worry about all of the negative feedback. Just keep up your hard work!
Old 06-21-2008, 11:31 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Hennytime
i have this kit. i got it for 900 shipped but im slowly collecting parts and basically my plan is to invite everyone i can think of to my grad party and people i dont know in hopes they just send money.

I had the vortec, but it was way over my abilities to put it on and tune so i sold it for like 100 bucks less than i got it for
You have a rude awakening coming if you think that this turbo kit is easier to install than that s/c kit. Plus, in the long run it will end up being more than the s/c kit. That is if you do it RIGHT! Throw away the turbo, bov, etc and it adds up very quickly. Turbo kits cost more and take longer to install but they are so for a reason. They are better that is
Old 06-21-2008, 12:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Websy21
You have a rude awakening coming if you think that this turbo kit is easier to install than that s/c kit. Plus, in the long run it will end up being more than the s/c kit. That is if you do it RIGHT! Throw away the turbo, bov, etc and it adds up very quickly. Turbo kits cost more and take longer to install but they are so for a reason. They are better that is
o im sure this turbo build will be harder, but at the same time my abilities and knowledge have grown too.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Didnt really do much today. Had a family party to go to. But I did finish wrapping some more parts.

Anyways, a little upset because something I bought from a seller is still not delivered yet.

Paid for the item on 6-7-08 Its been 15 days and no tracking number yet.

I know people are busy in their lives, but when the seller says they are going to ship it that week and 2 weeks past, you start getting a little pist off right?

So I opened a simple claim with Paypal so the user is notified. And he has COMPLETELY flipped out. He is claiming he sent me the tracking number via PM, but I never got it. I instructed him that if he did send it me, go to your sent messages folder and resend it. He totally ignored that request, saying HE SENT THE PM!! Well if you sent it why cant you resend it or copy and paste the tracking number???

What do you guys think? Would you be mad?
Old 06-22-2008, 09:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Who is this guy? Did he have positive feedback under his trader rating? How long has he been a member here?

I'd be pissed, you have the right to do everything you did, you weren't out of line at all.

Looking good so far. BUT please for the love of DOG, show some pride and keep that engine bay clean when the turbo stuff is in there

J
Old 06-22-2008, 10:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The first time he hits full boost the turbo will suck all of that dirt and dust into the filter. Clean the filter after the first full run and bingo!! Clean engine bay .
Old 06-22-2008, 10:42 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackSuperchargedLS1
subscribing
x4 please keep this up to date as i might buy this kiy my self
Old 06-22-2008, 10:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

lol frcefed, i know its a little dirty but it will be clean once the turbo is installed =).

Today is Day 3, My buddy and I will be mounting the hot side pipes today. Stay tuned for some pics! =)

Quick Reply: Day 1 Build Ebay Kit