Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS oil pump and fuel pump question

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 06:29 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default STS oil pump and fuel pump question

Was on the way to the dyno the other day and the car just stalled. Was able to coast it into a parking lot and saw that the fuel pump fuse was blown. Replaced it and drive to the dyno, got there, had to wait in line, went to go start it up and it blew another one. Put a new one in again and it blew it immediatley. Keep in mind that my STS kit is new on my car and I just got the fuel pump. Granetelli 255lph. It sounds kinda like the pump but since the STS oil pump also works off the fuel pump relay, could it be that the STS oil pump is dead?
Old 06-23-2008, 08:12 PM
TECH Addict

Check the pump wires and make sure your grounds are good! Also I learn this from TRT that little check valve for the pcv if that wire is loose or touches the fram it will blow the fuse for your oil pump.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you could have a short in your fuel pump wiring or its under too much load and drawing alot of current. What is your fuel pressure?
Old 06-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Banned

Funny thing is that the fuel has been pretty low since it has been installed, like it has had maybe 4-5 gallons in it at a time. We filled the tank up and thats when it started acting up. It ran fine with just a little bit of gas. Good thing we made an access door in the trunk to get to the pump but I'm still hoping its not the STS pump.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just put my racetronix kit in and the instructions said to fill the tank up with at least 10gallons and let it sit for 10 min before running the pump or you could damage the pump. not sure if you have to do that on your pump but just letting you know that may have done something. also check the amps on that thing and make sure your stock wiring can support it.

Quick Reply: STS oil pump and fuel pump question