Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Has anyone used this product to quiet procharger?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone used this product to quiet procharger?

Hello,
I've always wanted a procharger DISC, but can't stand the whine at idle with the hood closed (at least the ones I've heard on youtube). Has anyone used his product www.b-quiet.com with any success. Car will be 2001 LS1 6M with Weber Racing forged 402. I['ve done a search on this type question and did come across some threads back in '07 where ATI would supposedly play with the lash adjustment in the procharger gears to quiet it down. But this isulating material is the lastest most recent threads I've come across.

thanks

Lamar
Old 06-29-2008, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lamar
Hello,
I've always wanted a procharger DISC, but can't stand the whine at idle with the hood closed (at least the ones I've heard on youtube). Has anyone used his product www.b-quiet.com with any success. Car will be 2001 LS1 6M with Weber Racing forged 402. I['ve done a search on this type question and did come across some threads back in '07 where ATI would supposedly play with the lash adjustment in the procharger gears to quiet it down. But this isulating material is the lastest most recent threads I've come across.

thanks

Lamar
CANT STAND THE WHINE AT IDLE? Why?
Old 06-29-2008, 04:40 PM
8 Second Club

you need therapy

i know for a fact ( i heard the cars) that you can order quite gearsets when ordering your kit that are reall quiet . how quiet?? it was on a c5 and with the hood closed the blower sounded like the powersteering pump when at full lock - and only when standing close to the hood . you couldn't even tell if you were near the rear of the car.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I bet the sound you have heard on the Youtube videos is the bypass valve..Probably not the actual blower itself.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:32 PM
10 Second Club

I love the whine

Sound Clips:

Old 06-29-2008, 05:49 PM
Teching In

Hey,
thanks for the replys.
-Blnls1/rx7I.... could probably "learn" to deal with the whine at idle over time. The wife is the main culprit. If she's not happy, I'll never hear the end of it. I've tried to find a quiet procharger on the net but to show her but to no avail.
-1dirtyZ...I do need therapy, LOL. Thanks for the info. I thinking once I order the "quiet" gearsets and add the insulation, it will put me right where I need to be and keep the wife happy.
-Jimmy P...You could be right. All I know is when I look on youtube and lsxstreetfire and a few other sites, I can hear "something" whistling/whining.
If you guys or any other people on the board know of anyone who has used the product mentioned in the original post or who has anymore info, please feel free to chime in or PM me.

-Lamar.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you can afford it go with the SDCE tensioner setup.
I just recently installed the system. I can say that the whine is diminished drastically. Kind of disappointed myself.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:45 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Put an F1/F1A/F1C/F1R on your car and drive it around for a month, I guarantee you wont even notice the D1SC after that
Old 06-29-2008, 06:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yours sounds quieter than most I have heard...
Old 06-29-2008, 06:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

That whine is what sets the car apart from other cars. I average one comment a day about my car mostly thanks to how wicked the car sounds with the blower.....LOL
Old 06-29-2008, 06:57 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by kp
Put an F1/F1A/F1C/F1R on your car and drive it around for a month, I guarantee you wont even notice the D1SC after that
Haha, aint that the truth
Old 06-29-2008, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

get a vortech or a roots. The whine is the best part.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Which one is WHINING louder? The wife obout the whine or the actual ProCharger whine.If one of them has to go,well thats your decision.LOL
Old 06-29-2008, 08:05 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BLNLS1/RX7
Which one is WHINING louder? The wife obout the whine or the actual ProCharger whine.If one of them has to go,well thats your decision.LOL
Steve, I just had Bonnie read this and she burst out laughing. lol

My wife Bonnie likes the way the F-1A sounds on my Camaro. Bob
Old 06-29-2008, 08:14 PM
TECH Addict

B-Quiet is good stuff and cheaper than dynomat. Id just be concerned to see if it:

A) Works
B) Can withstand the Heat
C) Wont cause the retention of too much heat in the engine bay

If you really dont like the whine at idle then either look into say a maggie or turbo setup IMO
Old 06-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Teching In

Fellas,
Thanks for the very helpful info. I've been steadily combing this site and other for info since I posted this thread.
-618HAWK...That sounds like a winner. I read about that tensioner and the 8 rib pulley. Combined they should do the trick.
-kp...I've heard the F1 etc on the net. They sound like 747s. Definately too much. LOL
-D-Webz...I would agree that any form of supercharging esp. procharger would definately set your car apart from others. I'm older now and prefer the stealthier approach.
-BigBenz....I thought about the Vortech unit and having someone fab an A2A intercooler. If I'm going to get a blower...I'm riding with Procharger all the way.
-98Z28MASS...those are excellent points. I hadn't thought of that. Yep, I stayed up half the night thinking about the turbos too, but I love site of coated LTs coming off the heads.
- BLNLS1/RX7....Dude, you hit the nail on the head!!! At this point, I'd love to send her behind packn, . I'm not as fortunate to be like Bob at Exotic performance plus, LOL. Your wife is a keeper. In all seriousness, my wife and I are gonna have to come to an agreement that will make us both happy.
-AFASTYZFR1...THAT IS WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR :BOW: THANK YOU FOR THE VIDEO. I let the wife see it and she could do nothing but give it the thumbs up. She liked it.

You all have been most helpful. Thanks alot.

-Tim

Last edited by lamar; 06-29-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Steve, I just had Bonnie read this and she burst out laughing. lol

My wife Bonnie likes the way the F-1A sounds on my Camaro. Bob
Bob,Shes a good women and they are hard to find these days.Hope she comes to Memphis again this year. Steve
Old 06-30-2008, 12:19 PM
TECH Addict

My buddy used the Dynamat on his hood and it is heavy enough so that it wouldn't stay open by itself anymore - the weight overpowered the springs. But it was quieter. You could try some directly on the blower, but I'd be concerned about it retaining heat on the self-contained Prochargers.

The way I minimized the whine was to go with the helical-cut gears on the V-2 Vortech SQ (Super Quiet). They are a lot quieter than any straight-cut gear, but Procharger doesn't do any, IIRC.

Jim
Old 07-01-2008, 06:36 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BLNLS1/RX7
Bob,Shes a good women and they are hard to find these days.Hope she comes to Memphis again this year. Steve
Thanks Steve, she'll be there. Bob
Old 07-01-2008, 07:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Doesnt vortech offer a quiter version of there SC for fbodies? I know they do for mustangs....

Look into that

Quick Reply: Has anyone used this product to quiet procharger?