Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

D1SC-more boost-custom crank pulley

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 10:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D1SC-more boost-custom crank pulley

What's up guys... Anyone know where I can get a larger crank pulley made??? Other than ASP? I've had several problems having them get me the right size. It's been over 5 months and still nothing from them.

I've got an 05 Procharged GTO and need to get the D working to its potential. I've got the 3.4 inch pulley now and only manage 9-10 psi. I've got the L92/L76 setup and forged pistons and rods and an iron 6.0 block. Compression is about 9.5:1. Kooks 1 7\8 headers with cutouts and a nice blower cam. Everything done compliments of Allen at Nelson Performance here in San Antonio. Anyway, I know she has more in her with the forged pistions and low compression and I can't pulley the blower down anymore...so here is where the need for a larger crank pulley comes in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jeff
Old 07-01-2008, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to contact Bob at www.exotic performance plus.They will help you,
Old 07-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the info. I contacted him and unfortunately he directed me back to ASP... No luck again.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:29 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

A guy out in California had ASP make him a one inch larger blower pulley for his GTO several years ago. I'm surprised that you're having a problem getting one made from ASP.

You might check with Innovators West. Bob
http://www.innovatorswest.com/
Old 07-01-2008, 07:24 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

I got all my pulleys made by ASP.

I had nothing but excellent service from them, and very fast turnaround. Did you actually place an order for them to make a larger pulley, or just make a general enquiry ?
Old 07-01-2008, 10:49 PM
Teching In

I made a clear order for a specific sized pulley and their machine was down and they had to ship a part of it to Japan or China to get fixed. After several weeks they were back up and operating and I finally got a pulley a month after. The diameter of the new pulley was correct, but the offset was off. I sent it back saying the offset needs to be not as deep and even sent him a picture of my stock pulley and the one he sent with a tape measure showing the difference in depth. A few weeks later they say I need to send them a stock gto pulley. My shop/tuner purchased a stock pulley and sent it to them. A month later ASP says they now need my procharger pulley that came with the kit. I don't understand all the confusion. I know they've made quite a few for fellow GTO owners. I'm not sure what the confusion is. I would have thought they would have made a template when they were producing them, but I guess they didn't. Costs probably. Every time I've called they make me feel like I'm bothering them. I'll try innovators west in the morning.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:30 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Instead of horsing around with a larger custom crank pulley, why not move up to a F1 or F1-C head unit....
Old 07-02-2008, 09:26 AM
TECH Regular

You could always find a machinist in your area with a lathe. I'm sure most of them would be able to produce a pulley with the same offset and mounting as the ATI pulley just with a larger diameter.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ls1290
Instead of horsing around with a larger custom crank pulley, why not move up to a F1 or F1-C head unit....
Great point, but unfortunately the F is a totally different housing now so I'd have to purchase a whole new unit.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Aster
You could always find a machinist in your area with a lathe. I'm sure most of them would be able to produce a pulley with the same offset and mounting as the ATI pulley just with a larger diameter.
Good idea. I've been on the horn all morning but haven't found anyone yet.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:39 PM
9 Second Club

Lethal Performance has access to a lathe and a cnc. I had to do the same thing on my T trim kit when I put it on a customers stock bottom end car.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Teching In

Taking my car there Friday for a tune!!
Old 07-02-2008, 08:36 PM
TECH Regular

I already used them for it, they did a good job on the dyno tune for the car.