Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Upgrade crank pulley to SFI Procharger /w GTO blower pulley, who makes one?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 12:13 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrade crank pulley to SFI Procharger /w GTO blower pulley, who makes one?

Im looking to upgrade the factory crank pulley (fbody) to a SFI pulley but none of the aftermarket ones i can find will allow me to still bolt on the procharger crank pulley (has the 3 bars that fit inside the crank pulley to pull against the spokes of the stock crank pulley)

ASP, powerbond etc are completely wrong for retaining the Procharger crank mounted pulley (add's 2nd 8-rib belt separate then serpentine belt)...

Im guessing ATI or someone would make one, but i cant find the part # or info on their website. anyone know part # or details for the one im looking for.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:31 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only one I am aware of after much searching is the ATI Super damper, but then you have to get a different pulley from Procharger to mount to it. Might be a good excuse to upgrade to an 8 rib belt system while you're at it?
Old 07-02-2008, 02:06 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The blower belt is already 8-rib right now.....was hoping i didnt have to change the blower crank pulley also to save some $$
Old 07-04-2008, 06:57 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think any of them will work with the ProCharger crank pulley that is designed to retain the factory balancer. You really don't want to keep this set-up anyway, as the pins can sheer off. The preferred method is to upgrade to the ProCharger crank pulley that is designed to be bolted to the aftermarket Fluidampr 740102 (which is being phased out) or the newly designed ATI Performance Products balancer and ProCharger designed crank pulley for this balancer. Fluidampr told ProCharger they are going to quit making the 740102 balancer, so ProCharger had to redesign their bolt on crank pulley to use another balancer. Bob

Quick Reply: Upgrade crank pulley to SFI Procharger /w GTO blower pulley, who makes one?