Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger Fan Setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Question Procharger Fan Setup

So I recently purchased a P1SC-1 Procharger kit, but it did not come with the fan or fan assembly. Should I purchase the original setup from Procharger or should I be looking at something better for cooling? Also if anyone has this for sale let me know.

I drive this car pretty much as a cruiser on nice days. But it will see a lot of summer days and possibly extended driving if I go out on road trips (~4hr drives).
Old 07-07-2008, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to get with Bob at Exotic Performance Plus.He can hook you up.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:48 PM
TECH Regular

That's the $364 dollar question. I haven't been able to find much info on this either. Now I know a guy here with a procharged Camaro that he said was having cooling issues with the AC on, but he put an additive called Hyperlube in and says it took care of it for him. However, I don't know how many long trips he takes in the car.

I have heard that SDCE and EPP add a smaller fan on the driver side of the shroud that seems to help. I may look at doing that, just getting the procharger shroud and adding a fan if I have problems cooling.

You'd think though for the price they want for a shroud and fan they could get it right (ATI not EPP or other sponsers) without the need to modify it.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I can't help you. I am interested in the answers though since I would like to put a D1SC on my car next year and I didn't even know you need to add an additional fan.

My point in posting though, damn your car looks like mine!

Brian
Old 07-07-2008, 07:52 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Take a look at what we did on this T/A with an additional Spal fan.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com/hotCars.php?car=62

This is the fan we used.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=729 Bob
Old 07-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Customizing Director

I have read on epp website how they tend to add a smaller fan to the Prochargers original setup. But I really didn't want to have to go that route, unless I have to. Seems to be a bit pricey also.

I was also told that for hotter climates that I should go with a Pusher fan. Now I know a fans rotation will just depend on how its wired, however I am unaware of what type of after market fans are out there for an F-body that will also support a Procharger.

00PewterSS - I've had my car setup appearance wise like this since 2004. Granted I like it, I have a few minor changes in store
Old 07-08-2008, 03:56 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

A puller fan is generally more effective than a pusher fan. You could stay with the oem fan assembly, and move the bottom radiator bracket forward an inch or so. This will allow the factory fan assembly to clear the ProCharger head unit. Bob
Old 07-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Customizing Director

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
A puller fan is generally more effective than a pusher fan. You could stay with the oem fan assembly, and move the bottom radiator bracket forward an inch or so. This will allow the factory fan assembly to clear the ProCharger head unit. Bob
Thanks for the reply. Didn't know it would be possible to use the stock fans, might just have to try that.

Quick Reply: Procharger Fan Setup