Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Oil leak from D1SC Procharger?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 11:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oil leak from D1SC Procharger?

Anyone have this happen? Or hear of it happening? I recently got and installed a D1SC head unit, it was used, but very low miles. Anyway I changed the oil (got oil from ATI) and installed the unit. I have driven a few hundred miles and there is oil seeping from the allen bolts. My first thought....tighten them, well they are all tight, it is not coming from the fill nor drain either. I called ATI to order another part and asked if the oil was normal or if I could use teflon and was told that the "seals needed to be replaced". I mentioned it was "barely" used.....The first thing I heard was "abuse" but I said that it looked brand new and the poor guy before had engine trouble. I eventually got the answer that the unit must have been removed from the car and left stored on it's side with oil in it. I was told it was common issue. I am going to have it fixed regardless, but it just seems kind of an odd reason to cause an ongoing leak, but I do keep wiping oil off of it. Thanks!
Old 07-17-2008, 05:27 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen oil seep out around the fill hole, which is also a breather, and run down and look like it is from the allen bolts. The oil is very thin and is hard to tell where it is actually coming from. A new washer/gasket is taped to the top of the box of oil for replacing the one on the fill dipstick. Just make sure it is not actually leaking from the fill hole before sending the blower in. Bob
Old 07-17-2008, 06:35 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
I have seen oil seep out around the fill hole, which is also a breather, and run down and look like it is from the allen bolts.

I used to think that my P1SC was leaking all the time but it was oil coming out of the breather on top. But the D1SC that I have now is bone dry at all times.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
I used to think that my P1SC was leaking all the time but it was oil coming out of the breather on top. But the D1SC that I have now is bone dry at all times.
What did you do to change the leak?
Old 08-04-2009, 09:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmm, I didn't know there was a breather on there. Mine used to leak all the time, sent it to ProCharger, they replaced the shaft o-ring, reduced it, but still leaked a little. I guess spinning mine as much as I do some accumulation isn't bad. It doesn't even form into a drop, it is just a little greasy on the bottom. Good to know.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:31 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Urban Legend

My D1SC gets a little film of oil on it. But it seems to be engine oil coming from the intake tract.

Quick Reply: Oil leak from D1SC Procharger?