Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Keep tearing up belts! PTK owners inside using Smokinhawk's bracket inside

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 12:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Keep tearing up belts! PTK owners inside using Smokinhawk's bracket inside

What size belt did you end up using?

The 79.5 is too loose. The 79.0 is tight but i am able to bearly get it on if i lose all the alternator brackets. Once it is all bolted up there barely is any flex if i try to squeeze the belt.

I shreded a belt last night, and this morning.

Need a solution to this problem as i hate having the crawl under the car to pull out all the strings from the shredded belt =(.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smokinhawk contacted me and is trying to help. Awesome guy

Just want everyone to know when moving stuff around there is never going to be a direct fit as much as we want it. So we need to work on it until it gets right.

Hopefully i can fix it soon, because as of now i cant drive the car to work as i dont want to be fixing the belt on the side of the highway lol.

I will post some pics up once i get home. Its not off by that much. It seems like the idler pulley is tilted up a bit? If you think about it, the way that the bracket works it makes you take the pulley out, install the bracket, and then put the pulley on top of that. Doing that pushes the belt out a bit.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:22 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It just takes screwing with to get it right, and then leaving it alone

I bought his bracket because my bastardized PTK setup kept slinging belts. After cutting, adjusting re-grinding I got the PTK to work so I didn't use the one I bought from him but I intend to.