Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

can I run ls1 heads on a boosted 6.0 motor?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can I run ls1 heads on a boosted 6.0 motor?

I am going to build a 6.0l iron block (lq4 or lq9) all forged stroked 408. I am going to run twin mpt70 turbos at whatever boost I can while still running pump gas. Can I use the stock ls1 heads on a setup like this or are they no good for boosted aplications? I am gong to run l92 heads and intake eventually but can not afford it right off the bat.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:39 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can run stock style heads up through 16 psi of boost, but I would order the pistons based on what head you are planning on using, to get the compression ratio you are looking for.
By the time you get a valve job done on a set of heads, you're just about at the price of a new set of L92 heads. Bob
Old 07-29-2008, 04:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rubbersdown
I am going to build a 6.0l iron block (lq4 or lq9) all forged stroked 408. I am going to run twin mpt70 turbos at whatever boost I can while still running pump gas. Can I use the stock ls1 heads on a setup like this or are they no good for boosted aplications? I am gong to run l92 heads and intake eventually but can not afford it right off the bat.
they will work fine, however if you happen to have the 317 casting 6.0 heads they flow better than the LS1 heads and should allow you to run a little less compression because they have larger combustion chambers

Quick Reply: can I run ls1 heads on a boosted 6.0 motor?