Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Pulley swap question

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 02:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pulley swap question

Kinda long story but here goes. There is a new local shop opening with a dynojet and the owner has been working out a deal for Chuck from HPE to come out and tune some cars.
This sounds like the perfect oportunity for me to get a badass tune, especially considering I ordered a meth injection kit from AIS earlier this week.
So i'm trying to decide what pulley to swap to on the blower. Here is my setup: Forged 355, Ported LT4 heads/intake, 52mm tb, EPP FMIC, ATI Race Bypass, F1A, Lonnies double pumper fuel pumps, 60lb/hr injectors, full BMR suspension, Moser 9", PST ds, Mcleod street twin, Stock t56.
Currently the car makes 13psi at about 6500rpm with a 7.65/4.25 pulley combo. I'm tempted to put the 3.40 pulley on that I already have but that will max out the blower a little after 6000rpm.
You guys think I should do it and shift right at 6000 or go with a little bit bigger pulley? The car is mostly a weekend car and sees track duty a few times each season. Oh and I will most likely be running 100% meth and no water.
I would like some opinions and some input from people who are running high boost.

Quick Reply: Pulley swap question