Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

i need a fmic for a c5!!! got any pics?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 06:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default i need a fmic for a c5!!! got any pics?

ok i have the fmic that comes with the d1sc, and its the single not the twins, and it sits right on my radiator. my car is runnin hot so i want to move it into the front bumper! anyone done this or seen it done? any pics?
Old 08-13-2008, 06:42 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ProCharger C5 kit comes with twin intercoolers. You may have a partial ProCharger kit from A&A or from ECS. Andy at A&A just came out with a newly redesigned front mount intercooler kit for the C5 that looks like it would make a big difference. Bob
Old 08-14-2008, 05:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
The ProCharger C5 kit comes with twin intercoolers. You may have a partial ProCharger kit from A&A or from ECS. Andy at A&A just came out with a newly redesigned front mount intercooler kit for the C5 that looks like it would make a big difference. Bob
ya i have the older a&a single and it is right on top of the radiator! ive been thinkin bout doin my own but i can find a intercooler that will fit with bigger than a 2.5 inlet/outlet lol!
Old 08-14-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got A&A's new intercooler with a scoop. It leaves plenty of room between the intercooler and radiator. Take a look!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=2056040
Old 08-14-2008, 05:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
I just got A&A's new intercooler with a scoop. It leaves plenty of room between the intercooler and radiator. Take a look!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=2056040
wow im trouse40 on corvettforum thats having cooling issues! you replied in my thread i live in tx. so did this help over the older single style from a&a? how much was the kit and whats included? pm me if you want!
Old 08-14-2008, 06:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4SFEDZ
wow im trouse40 on corvettforum thats having cooling issues! you replied in my thread i live in tx. so did this help over the older single style from a&a? how much was the kit and whats included? pm me if you want!
As you can see I am dealing with the same outside temp issues. I ran my car on the dyno last Sunday when it was 106° and when I drove it home, I was able to cruise at 70-80mph with coolant temps of 194° and temps dropped when I come to a stop. I couldn't be happier with my entire setup. The intercooler is 1094.00 I think. I paid an upgrade fee from the base model because I hadn't used it yet. I had just purchased his entire kit, so I don't have any reference to the base intercooler for you. I just know that this works for me and my entire cooling system is stock.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:38 AM
TECH Resident

what coolant mix you runnin? whats optimal?

Quick Reply: i need a fmic for a c5!!! got any pics?