Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

turbo and altitude witch one?

Old 08-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo and altitude witch one?

Sup guy , what turbo will work best with my setup , im running a LQ4 im running a build lq4 with 10:1 compression turbo pistons,

Now I choose 10:1 because I will be running the car in Mexico city and Guadalajara Mexico ( BIG money races!!) and the altitude is 2200meters and 1860 meters (7500ft and 6100ft) , Im not sure what turbo to run, I was cosidering a Gt45/42 or a S91 then again I do not have much experience with V8 as many of u do, please advice !

Thankyou
Gil
Old 08-13-2008, 11:20 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow......geez that is high up. S91 will make the most power out of the units you just asked about.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrTurbo
Wow......geez that is high up. S91 will make the most power out of the units you just asked about.

I know is freaking high , so the s91 might be a good choise? or a gt42 plus some laughing gas to compensate?
The guys im running against are all running big cubes blocks carburated with insane amounts of nitrous they are low 8sec cars in the USA (san antonio houston area) but they get severe affected by alttitude and they are only running low 10s high 9s if they lucky.
I would like to go all turbo power only, but if some laughing gas is needed i guess i will use it.

thanks
Gil
Old 08-14-2008, 06:14 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1Turbo
I know is freaking high , so the s91 might be a good choise? or a gt42 plus some laughing gas to compensate?
The guys im running against are all running big cubes blocks carburated with insane amounts of nitrous they are low 8sec cars in the USA (san antonio houston area) but they get severe affected by alttitude and they are only running low 10s high 9s if they lucky.
I would like to go all turbo power only, but if some laughing gas is needed i guess i will use it.

thanks
Gil
Sounds like you will need a heck of a unit. The S91 can probably do it, but you will be spinning the **** out of that turbo. Problem with high alt. turbo cars is overspinning....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: turbo and altitude witch one?