Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Phamspeed kits any good?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 09:16 AM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Phamspeed kits any good?

Did a search but didn't see anyone making crazy power with them. What kind of power potential is there on the tubular manifold kit? What would be a good price for a slightly used hot side kit (no turbo, ic, etc)?
Old 08-26-2008, 09:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you will be limited by the turbo its using, so what ever the turbo and engine combo.
the problems with the manafold kit was spark plug access, maybe ground clearance if it goes under the kmember.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's all about ground clearance, plug access and to be able to keep your accessories. Most any hot side kit will be able to provide plenty of flow. Your combination and turbo will be the limiting factors. If you are refering to the kit WestSide has for sale I believe it is a very good overall kit. Stainless steel and already wrapped. Can't beat that price. I just don't recall if any of it runs under the K-member or not. I do know it was a step above the original budget kit which I had. Shy away from that one. The ground clearance was non-existant. My car is lowered but to give you an idea here's a pic of my kit with the car at normal ride height. The second pic is on the lift to simulate a stock ride height car.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

i bought the base kit back in the day and swapped in coated JBA shortys,so technically its "tubular" lol.i love my kit.ground clearance isnt terrible unless ive got a bigger person in the pass seat.plug access is awesome.they can make good power.

Quick Reply: Phamspeed kits any good?