Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Intake w/turbo

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 10:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Intake w/turbo

I have a front mount turbo system and both of the turbo inlets are facing towards the fenders. I was wondering if I could run a small intake pipe over to the stock location of the air filter down inside the fender on the drive side, and run the passenger side where the old coolant tank was. I am worried about cutting of the turbo breathing capibiaties with the intake pipe on there. Reason I am asking is the air filter are for some reason rubbing on the under side of the hood. Plus it Looks really goofy when the hood is open, and plus not good on fiberglass.

This why I was asking about a silicone intake hose in another post.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post some pics if you have them...give us a little better idea of what you want. FWIW - The only restriction you want to worry about is running too small of a filter for you turbo(s).

Patrick
Old 09-03-2008, 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you mean like this?

Old 09-03-2008, 04:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where your airfilter in the second picture. Mine right there but mounted up higher towards the hood. From were the turbo is run the pipe ove and down in the fender.

Very very similar to this one of the Fireball car. Were his air filter is I am want to run the pipe down in the fender away from everythng/.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/697142-fireball-fi98x-turbo-build.html
Here is alink to the section where a good pic is of his car. Step 5 is the best shot of what I am trying to do.

Last edited by RsSean; 09-03-2008 at 04:30 PM.