Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Anyone have any gm diagrams for taking off my front bumper cover and all that stuff..

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 08:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Anyone have any gm diagrams for taking off my front bumper cover and all that stuff..

My chilton manual is pathetic and doesn't even seem to show the newer ls1s.

I need to remove my front end bumper cover, and all that stuff to install my aps intercooler. Aps instructions don't show any of that figure guy would have a manual.

So if anyone can post some diagrams would greatly appreciate it. Also the bumper on my ta has some kind of pins on the bottom. Are they resuseable. How do you get them off..?
Old 10-02-2008, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its harder then it looks man,their are 3 push pins on top middle bumper,then you have remove all the plastic under the car(maybe 15 screws) then their are i think 4 screws that bolt up to each fender(have to get under car for most of removal). of course make sure you remove bulbs in turn signals.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:24 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Search for remove bumper support, you can find some good info on taking it off. Lots of info on it in the drag racing section.

It took me and a friend about 20 minutes to yank the front off of his Camaro the other day, and I've done mine as well. Probably a bit more complicated on the t/a's though.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its not that bad. It took me like 20min to take it off. You will probably need a buddy to help you remove it once you get all the bolts/screws off, so you dont bend the bumber too much and crack the paint. You are going to have to feel for the bolts that hold it to the fender, thats what I did.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok..buddy sent me some gm manual pics..they are helping some and will search for actual photos like you guys said..how do you take those pins out and are they resuseable?
Old 10-02-2008, 11:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
Ok..buddy sent me some gm manual pics..they are helping some and will search for actual photos like you guys said..how do you take those pins out and are they resuseable?
You have to pull the center piece out some then pull the rest of it out. You can reuse sometimes if you dont break them which is kinda hard sometimes, but you should find replacements fairly easy though.

Also here is a link to some pics I have. You can see where the bolts connect to the fender. http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/m...k410/?start=40

Quick Reply: Anyone have any gm diagrams for taking off my front bumper cover and all that stuff..