Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

upgrading from incons to a custom twin turbo setup...

Old 10-03-2008, 10:04 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default upgrading from incons to a custom twin turbo setup...

Sorry no pictures yet. We are swapping from my incon setup to a custom twin turbo setup with an A2W intercooler setup and twin 67 mm turbos. My question is, I can get the turbos in either a T4 with a .70 A/R or a T3 with a .63 A/R. This setup is going on a fully forged 347. Not the biggest engine to spool the turbos with I know. car will see track time and street time. Would I be happier with the smaller A/R to help them spool faster on the street, or the larger A/R for top end track power? Thanks guys in advance!!!!
Old 10-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Coal Mining Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Auto or manual?

PSI?

How close will the turbos be to the manifold?
Old 10-03-2008, 11:23 AM
TECH Resident

Built TH-400 with transbrake. Leaving off transbrake and 2 step. Turbos will be a truck manifold setup, mounted close to fog light holes, as best I can figure right now. PSI, within reason, but will have different tunes for street and track. wants to go with a FAST XFI engine management setup. Engine is built right, fully studded out with 8:5-1 compression. Fuel, lonnies twin walbro setup with 83 lb low impedance injectors.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Coal Mining Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tough question.....some times it's best to err on the side of quicker boost though since it will help the car sixty. Quicker boost covers up a lot of sins...laggy boost needs EVERYTHING to be perfect to run an et. If "within reason" means 18psi or less.....I'd do the T3 0.63. I ran twin 61's T3"s with 0.8x ar on 428cubes...it was a rocket off the line for 3800lbs 1.32-1.35 sixties Wheels Up....I'm running twin 76's T4's with 0.81Ar's now...not nearly as responsive 1.54 best sixty so far)

What's the turbine flow at 2.5bar for each turbine?
Old 10-03-2008, 07:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is she in Memphis or San Diego??

See here is how different opinions come into play......
Ill have an answer for ya in Memphis....LOL
Need to reserch something....

Whats the ET Goal for the car??

Kyle
Old 10-03-2008, 07:48 PM
TECH Resident

This car and My 67' camaro that I just brought home are here in Memphis... Cars to work and play on while I'm on leave. My bel air is in San Diego. Whenever you get in, give me a call. My house isn't too far from the track and I've got a kegerator... My Trans Am though is at Spectacle Solutions. One of my best friends runs it so He's taking care of the custom twin turbo and a few other things for me. ET goal would probably be in the low 9 second range for the car. The more I think about it though, I think I'm going to go with the smaller T3 housings and the .63 A/R, for quicker spool off the line and more fun on the street. I can always get the bigger T4 .70 A/R's later on after all the bugs are worked out with this setup. Car will be heavy in the front with the custom setup and the A2W setup. I'll find out on the 2.5 bar compressor readings for you onfire, and as usual, thanks for all the helpful inputs guys. I'll post up some pics at some point, I swear!!!
Old 10-03-2008, 07:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ill give ya a call when i get close........ i prob wont be in Thurs till about 930-10 or so.

Kyle
Old 10-03-2008, 08:43 PM
TECH Resident

cool.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: upgrading from incons to a custom twin turbo setup...