Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Eboost dual solenoids on twin turbo application?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Eboost dual solenoids on twin turbo application?

I have an Eboost2 for my APS kit. I am having it tuned some time next week. I hooked up the Eboost2 with the single solenoid but the tuner says that this setup will not work with twins and I will need to add a second boost solenoid. I have heard other people have this same problem but I just don't understand why it would matter (or why Eboost would include schematics that didn't work in their instructions). The way I have it hooked up, the solenoid is getting an even reading from both turbos; the controller has no way of knowing if there are two turbos or one hooked up to it. The only reason I can see it being a problem is if the solenoid were maxed out but I haven't heard of any 800rwhp single turbo guys needing two solenoids.

Bottom line, has anyone ran one solenoid on twin turbos?

fyi: The way I have the eboost2 hooked up is a line running from each turbo compressor to its own wastegate. Then both of those lines are tapped in the middle and connected (vacuum lines now looking like an 'H'). Then the connecting line is tapped and ran to the solenoid.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:08 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Cant see why two solenoids would be needed.

One control source would ensure both turbos operate at the same pressure better.

If the solenoid does see more airflow than it can handle to control boost, simply fit a restrictor in the line to reduce the amount of air flowing through it.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 solenoids work BETTER but 1 solenoid will work very well.

We have several TT cars running one EBoost Solenoid and have no problems with them holding perfect boost.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SStolen
I hooked up the Eboost2 with the single solenoid but the tuner says that this setup will not work with twins and I will need to add a second boost solenoid.
Your tuner sucks.

I believe Onfire on here has the eboost and has ran the boost controller both ways. I BELIEVE he said that it worked well in both configurations.

Quick Reply: Eboost dual solenoids on twin turbo application?