Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Base tune questions and stuff..

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 12:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Base tune questions and stuff..

I am hoping to have my 408 and aps twins installed within a week or two.
Am installing 60 pound injectors from racetronix .
In order to get a bit used to hptuners I bought it last season and got my car running pretty good with it. I set the usual stuff, fan temps, shift limit,dialed my afr in and left spark alone. Played with my cam to get it to idle and all that stuff. I have wideband currently.

Now need to be able to get the car running at least with a base tune.I don't want to be washing my new cylinder walls with gas with these big injectors but also don't want to install my stock little 24s or whatever .I will be running stock fuel pressure and stock reg briefly. Will be mostly staying out of boost to break in the engine may see a few pounds not likely more than 3 or 4.You can of course control boost with your right foot.

Do you guys think stock pump can keep up to 3 or 4 pounds? Again this is just to be able to drive the car to break in the engine for next few weeks then car goes away and by spring will have new fuel system with big pump and adjustable reg.

This ls1 seems confusing for setting the injectors..Pretty sure they are moto...something or other..
So can anyone give me a base tune or at least advice on getting the car to run good enough for a few weeks before it goes away for winter. I won't be doing any crazy 1/4 mile or wot stuff.

Oh was going to 3 bar but wanted to run maf temporarily.Don't expect to need much cam tuning either my cam has like 121 lsa so wouldn't expect much idling problems.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Ok did some research and pretty sure can set my timing and injectors. they are pretty easy to set if you have boost referenced reg .But not much harder if you don't.
So keeping in mind I am at 9.5 compression and will be running 92 to 94 10% gasohol what is nice safe initial break in engine low boost under 5psi afr and max timing..
10 to 1 or 10.5 to 1? 10 to 12 degrees maybe. ? I have incar scanner , a scanmaster so can monitor knock realtime and other parameters like injector duty cycles.I realize stock pump is not going to keep up and thats why will keep the boost to 3 to 5psi max. more like 3 probably. The gates are 7.5 minimum so just have to not go full throttle and keep my rpm down as well. Just program in a nice low rev limit for now like 5000.Boring but safe.
Actually if someone has the numbers even for just 60 pound injectors that would be good..I know how to set the target afr. just not sure how to calculate for 60 pounders.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:54 AM
TECH Veteran

"These are the numbers I am using for the IFR table at stock FP.
7.87 7.89 7.91 7.94 7.96 7.98 8.00 8.02 8.04 8.06 8.09 8.11 8.13 8.15 8.17 8.19 8.21" found this with searching.lot of searching!

.are these ok for my 60s? And if did get boost referenced regulator what would I do just put like 7.87 across or what number.
Do you usually set anything else different pulsewidths whatever for the 60s .Will they idle not too bad in my 408?

Quick Reply: Base tune questions and stuff..