Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Pressure/Pump Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 05:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pressure/Pump Issues?

I have a 2000 WS6, mods in sig. I have stock fuel pump with an inline that comes with the vortech kit. Fuel pressure was good at 58psi when blower was first installed 4 years ago. Sold the car and bought it back over the summer and fuel pressure now only reads 55 psi and will drop just below 50psi at redline. Is it possible the inline pump just isnt working anymore? I dont think its the stock pump because its my understanding it would be more of an on/off thing if it was going out? I have an electric fuel pressure guage inside, also a <useless> narrow band air/fuel ratio gauge. Even under WOT with the pressure dropping down to 50psi and below the A/F guage holds steady at the stoic/rich level. Any suggestions? And yes I'm having a wideband installed next week! =P
Old 01-28-2009, 05:23 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check your fuel filter if its dropping at upper RPM
Old 01-28-2009, 10:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can check the filter, but there is a good chance that your system is not up to the task. The stock pump is not that good & the inline is really a bandaid fix to putting in a good intank pump. A good single intank pump will outflow your current pump setup. In reality neither setup or rated for much over 550rwhp... I saw this number in your signature.

If you are looking for a good setup for your appcation, please give me a call & I'll be glad to help you out.