Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

car wont start after fuel pump install

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default car wont start after fuel pump install

so kind of a long story so Ill try and keep it short... My car died on the freeway last week so I had it towed to the shop. They told me it was the fuel pump and quoted me 450 for a stock pump and 500 for the install, bs...

So I decided to do the access panel myself and install a walbro kit from texas speed. I modified the bucket and set it up correctly. After the install I went to start the car and all I heard was a click. kind of strange becuase when I opened the door the dome lights came on but not dash lights or beeping sound when the door is open, and when I turned the key to the "on" position the dome lights went off.

had a new battery so I put it in, same thing. Threw the jumper cables on and it seemed to charge the batt (I started to get enough power to be able to turn my headlights on, and my stereo then came on). went to start it up and all I got was a repeated ticking sound, sounded like something electrical not working. I did however hear the fuel pump prime.

So my question is this... When the shop was diagnosing the problem would they have disconnected something, possibly my starter? I havent had a chance to check becuase its dark and my carport light is out. I did also notice one plug wire was disconnected. What else should I check and what am I looking for?
Old 02-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im assuming something was disconnected at the shop becuase when it first died it would crank and crank and crank, all lights, dash, and guages working, just not getting any fuel.

Quick Reply: car wont start after fuel pump install