Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

First post, be kind!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up First post, be kind!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/introduct...onvert-me.html

Hey there! I'm a Ford guy by nature but I'm also working on a '67 Camaro fitted with a LS1 GM Racing crate motor and trans.

While the engine is pretty much plug and play with the computer and wiring is a snap.

What I need is a fuel system for this thing. Not that I want to do it on the cheap (Its my boss's car), but I'd like to do it without spending $1500.

The way I see it is this:

Option 1) Get a Corvette (help me out with the year) LS1 fuel rail with the built in pressure regulator in it and run an aftermarket high pressure pump, filter and plumb a return line. That would prevent me from doing this-

Option 2) Cut a hole in the top of the brand new gas tank in this '67, weld a flange onto it and use a drop-in stock pump unit with the built in regulator.

My boss doesn't mind spending money on this thing, he just wants to be down to earth. This car is not going to be a show car (yet) and he just wants it dependable. I told him to buy a Ford if he wanted reliability, but he won't listen.

Any and all help is appreciated, and of course I'm just kidding about that last part. Maybe.....

Chuck
Old 02-24-2009, 08:48 PM
TECH Regular

On a stock setup the regulator is in the tank. You could pick up a used pump/bucket/harness for pretty cheap. SpeedInc has rails for $100. You can pick up 28# off this site for around $150. I have also seen 42# for $250. Buy cheap fuel injection hose for your lines and you could have yourself a very cheap setup.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:33 AM

Cool-

We already have a new fuel pump module here. Actually we have two- one from an F-Body and one from a Vette. I talked to my boss this morning and he wants to sump the tank and use stock parts. That way it'll be a little cleaner install.

The engine is complete with injectors and harnesses and everything, so like I said, it should be a pretty easy install.

I know I can get quick connect fittings with male hose nipples on them so that'll be easy too.

Thanks so much for your reply- this project is going to be fun.

Chuck
Old 02-25-2009, 04:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can look up the chevy 8.1L stock injectors on ebay for around 20 bucks a pop there 42#
Old 02-25-2009, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by nastychevelle
you can look up the chevy 8.1L stock injectors on ebay for around 20 bucks a pop there 42#

Dude, we have fuel injectors on the engine already. Said that twice.

We happen to have a '00 Camaro Z28 here today and I took a look under it. Seems GM runs the regulated pressure as the fuel comes back to the return. The pressure line is "T"'d off and runs back to the fuel pump module.

So, it'll be easier than I thought. No big whoop.

Thanks for the help.

Chuck