Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

how can i take my fuel rails off??

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 04:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default how can i take my fuel rails off??

Hey, ok so i am in the middle of installing my 42lb injectors, ls6 intake, plugs and wires, and headers. I have the inake loosened up, but i need to get my fuel rails and injectors off. The only problem is i have a dynotune nitrous wet kit, where i had to remove the schrader valve off my fuel rail, when i go to remove the line, fuel spits out everywhere. How can i remove this, or cut the pressure to the rails. Also, how do i remove the injectors from the intake and rails? there seems to be some kind of fancy fin and plug thing and i want to make sure i dont break anything. Thanks
Old 03-28-2009, 05:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UnZFeat'd
Hey, ok so i am in the middle of installing my 42lb injectors, ls6 intake, plugs and wires, and headers. I have the inake loosened up, but i need to get my fuel rails and injectors off. The only problem is i have a dynotune nitrous wet kit, where i had to remove the schrader valve off my fuel rail, when i go to remove the line, fuel spits out everywhere. How can i remove this, or cut the pressure to the rails. Also, how do i remove the injectors from the intake and rails? there seems to be some kind of fancy fin and plug thing and i want to make sure i dont break anything. Thanks
The plug, you just depress the silver part and pull it up. The clips are removed with the with a screwdriver. To relieve the pressure, just loosen a fitting with a rag over it and it will be gone. There are 4 bolts that hold down the rails, 10mm, just take those off and lift up the rail. Also you need a 3/8 quick disconnect to remove the feed line. When you reinstall the injectors, use a little oil or another lubricant on the orings for them to slide in.