Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Upgrading fuel system.....keep inline pump?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Upgrading fuel system.....keep inline pump?

Hey guys. I'm upgrading my fuel system when I get back from Iraq and I have a question.

My current fuel system is stock with the exception of a Walbro inline pump and SVO 42lb injectors.

My new fuel system will consist of a Racetronix in-tank pump with the upgraded harness, Speed INC billet rails, an Aeromotive regulator after the rails, and a return to the tank. I'm also adding an electric fuel pressure gauge and keeping the 42lb injectors.

The question is, is there any reason not to keep the Walbro inline pump in place in conjunction with the new intank pump? I know it's not necessary for my current set up, but will it cause a problem (restriction) for the upgraded in-tank pump? I would think it would only help, but I'm not sure.

I normally wouldn't add an inline with this set up, but since I've already got it, I figured I may as well leave it there. Any input?

For what it's worth, the fuel system is going on my 346 with a 180hp dry shot, but I'm really upgrading early for my plans of a 418 with the same nitrous set up. TIA.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:37 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It will hurt more than it helps you can not pull more fuel through the intank pump then it already supplies. All it is accomplishing is heating fuel.

Nate
Old 03-31-2009, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
It will hurt more than it helps you can not pull more fuel through the intank pump then it already supplies. All it is accomplishing is heating fuel.

Nate
Nate, very good insight on the heating issue. I hadn't thought of that. I'll go ahead and remove the second pump then. Thanks a lot for the reply.