Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Plastic disk on stock injectors

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 12:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Plastic disk on stock injectors

What is the purpose of the plastic disk on the end of the stock injectors? They are between the tip on the injector and the o-ring. I'm swapping to a set of 28lbs injectors, one injector is missing this disk and another 1/2 of it is broke off. Is it a big deal is that disk is not there?
Old 04-02-2009, 05:52 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ksmyss
what is the purpose of the plastic disk on the end of the stock injectors? They are between the tip on the injector and the o-ring. I'm swapping to a set of 28lbs injectors, one injector is missing this disk and another 1/2 of it is broke off. Is it a big deal is that disk is not there?
it holds the bottom o ring on. It also keeps carbon and heat away from the bottom of the o ring. Without the part on the injector the bottom o ring will deteriorate fast and cause a vac leak. We repair those if you want.. We have a special on injector service. 89 for all 8 including new filters, o rings and bottom caps, flow testing and ultrasonic cleaning
Old 04-02-2009, 06:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FICINJECTORS
it holds the bottom o ring on. It also keeps carbon and heat away from the bottom of the o ring. Without the part on the injector the bottom o ring will deteriorate fast and cause a vac leak. We repair those if you want.. We have a special on injector service. 89 for all 8 including new filters, o rings and bottom caps, flow testing and ultrasonic cleaning
how do we take advantage of the $89 special?
Old 04-02-2009, 07:36 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by sroach20
how do we take advantage of the $89 special?
fill out this form, send it in with the injectors and mark the form ls1 tech special, when done i will call for a cc. 24hr turn around
http://www.fuelinjectorconnection.co...order_form.pdf
Old 04-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FICINJECTORS
Thanks! Thats exactly what I was looking for. I'll be in contact.

Quick Reply: Plastic disk on stock injectors