Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fueling Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 03:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fueling Question

Not sure what it is but I changed the spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter, etc. etc. in order to find out why my car shuts down at WOT. Get up to about 85 and try to go faster she begins to surge as if no fuel and then cuts off and starts to backfire from the exhasut. I'm thinking it's got something to do with fueling. Either injectors or fuel pump. Car starts up good so fuel pump seems to be holding on but I'm at a lost. Maybe a tune?
Old 04-05-2009, 09:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what mods? are your injectors maxed out?
Old 04-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

have a fuel guage? see how much she drops at WOT. i just got done with a fuel problem that i couldnt locate first off.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:30 PM
On The Tree

Just recently bought this car about a 2 weeks ago from a dealership. My mistake for buying a used car without knowing what all has been done to it but I can tell it has a cam, headers, possibly a stall or gears (throwing the shift solenoid A code P0751 I believe). I don't have a fuel guage. I would think just take it in to get a tune from one of the shops close by (RPM in Lewisville,Tx) but it runs fine except for the WOT shutdown. Idles fine and everything.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by y2kta
Just recently bought this car about a 2 weeks ago from a dealership. My mistake for buying a used car without knowing what all has been done to it but I can tell it has a cam, headers, possibly a stall or gears (throwing the shift solenoid A code P0751 I believe). I don't have a fuel guage. I would think just take it in to get a tune from one of the shops close by (RPM in Lewisville,Tx) but it runs fine except for the WOT shutdown. Idles fine and everything.
if you get a tune get the p0751 and p0757 deleted. i had the 757 pop on after a few thousand miles and freaked. then i found out this can occasionally come on with a higher stall.