Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Injector help

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 05:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injector help

Ok guys I ordered some 39's the other night. I have read all the post about how they don't work and are hard to tune. I have a buddy who has already tuned 3 different LS1 cars with these injectors so I'm not worried about that part. I got these things for a great price anyway. My question is do I need the ev-1 to ev-6 adaptors? I thought I read some where you could sand the plug on the car and make it work. Can anybody shed some light on this? If I do need the adaptors where do you get them at? Thanks
Old 05-04-2009, 08:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can make they work but the spray pattern is still way wrong and if you get it tuned correctly it makes it harder. I had them and I looked at the ports and they spray the port walls not the back of the valve like they should. To each their own but I would pass.

If you keep them, they are ev6 if they are the Blue Giants.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:36 PM
TECH Regular

Like I said before my tuner has experience tuning these injectors. I was just wondering if you can make them work without spending another 70 bucks on the harness adaptors.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nope you need the adapters. I was just pointing out that they are not the correct spray pattern and you don't need injectors that big for you car from your list of mods. There are better choices and it will run better. Just giving you options and info from my experience with them.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:03 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Vols Fan
Like I said before my tuner has experience tuning these injectors. I was just wondering if you can make them work without spending another 70 bucks on the harness adaptors.
heres the adapters you need.. http://fuelinjectorconnection.com/sh...d&productId=23
we have them on sale.. use ls1teck at checkout for 5. off shipping
Old 05-05-2009, 09:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 69LT1Bird
Nope you need the adapters. I was just pointing out that they are not the correct spray pattern and you don't need injectors that big for you car from your list of mods. There are better choices and it will run better. Just giving you options and info from my experience with them.
I realize that they are overkill for the mods I have now but if I ever decide to use the NOS I will need the extra gas. If these injectors don't work for me then I'll just sell them. What injectors would you recommend for me, just in case these don't work out?